Looking for a chiptune artist

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by pixelpowa, Feb 23, 2013.

1. pixelpowa

pixelpowa Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Hello all,

I've been working on an old-school iOS platformer for the past couple years, and now I'm looking for someone to track some chiptunes for it.

A couple things out of the way first: My budget is small. As yet, I have no name in the game dev world so I have no idea whether this game will sell 10 copies or 10,000, so I'm reluctant to spend a ton of money on music. I'm doing this for fun, for the experience, for my portfolio, and for a little pocket change; I'm looking for someone with a similar mindset.

The game draws heavily from the Adventure Island series, plus some Sonic and Mario influences. As far as the workload goes, I'd need a track for each of the game's four worlds (the last two can be remixes of the first two), a few short jingles for events like the opening title screen and game over, and maybe one or two short loops for a couple of menu screens.

If all this sounds interesting to you, get in touch with me (pixelpowa AT gmail) and I'll be happy to show you a video of the game in action. Right now, though, I'm not close enough to release to show it publicly.

Thanks!
    -pix

2. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
  3. EvilArev

EvilArev Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
  4. I would be happy to offer my services for this project, I currently work with OrangePixel and provide all their music, examples of my work can be found here:

http://www.gavinharrisonsounds.com

5. pixelpowa

pixelpowa Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Thanks to everyone who got in touch. I just wanted to confirm that I do have someone making some awesome music right now.