Heres an idea for a game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fenrir911, Jul 11, 2009.

1. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    #1 fenrir911, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    I just came up with this idea and i dun know if its been mentioned before...

How about an RTS game where u can choose between zombies and humans, it would be pretty cool, like more upon micro managing than base building and the likes. opposite the humans which is more base building than micro managing micro managing type, while the zombies are more of a rush type build, with a thing kind of like left 4 dead, where there would be boomers with the special ability to call a rush(sort of like bait), a hunter unit which is for recon, a smoker would be like pudge on DoTA, and a regular zombie, which is used to sacrifice(like zerg) themselves to build crypts and cemetaries. the map is a city and the humans have one side of the city while the zombies will try and get to the humans on the other side. the zombies would initially start out with more units, 1 for scouting(do realize that these are weak zombies) and 5 for base building. while humans start out with just 5 firemen and 1 policemen. policemen for scouting and ranged attacks, firemen for base building. I am working on concept art, and while i dont believe anyone would want to create a game specifically for me, i will report my progress on sprites, but first lemme finish my concept art...

Resources for zombies is just feeding on dead bodies, which they find across the map zombies gain more strength by the bodies they eat, so worker zombies wouldnt need any food, if u want a fast one u would bring a female corpse to your base, and feed the zombies u want on her(only 5 zombies per body, but dun worry there will be enough, not to mention the civilians, which will basicly be creeps for zombies and units for humans, a bit)

Resources for humans would be taking apart nearby buildings to barricade there own, and a pipeline which would create a steady flow of water(the longer the game the less water u get) and a refrigerator , which must be stocked up for more unit building.

not to mention the civilians, which will basicly be creeps for zombies and units for humans

of course like every RTS to win u must destroy all enemy units(or close to all) and all enemy buildings
    Plx tell me if u would like this sort of game, i could try and get my friends to help me code it if all else fails.

Latest News

The humans for resources seems to be up as a good suggestion, we will try and do this as fast as possible while also keeping the game of the upmost quality, this will be a free game, as it will not be of "starcraft quality" nor will it ever be. Although we will try our best to produce a quality game.

it seems that we have suggestions coming in, we are going to begin to get this project rolling, i am currently also (hopefully) helping javierdavalos polish QC, i love his work and am helping him out in the only way i can which is through improving his current sprites.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It's already been done.

3. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    realy point it out to me cause i dun see one in the appstore

4. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Care to point that app out to us?

5. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Sounds great and ive never seen or heard of anythign like it, If there is something like it for any console i'd love to know. I think this would do great on the appstore if its got good graphics and conrols, controls matter more, along with gameplay.

6. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    That's a little like Warcraft 3 a tiny bit
    (not WOW)

7. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    oh ya i forgot about the resident evil games and zombie class on wc3. Something set in the present would be cooler i think

8. MaxiCalifornia

MaxiCalifornia Active Member

Jul 12, 2009
    If you are making this type of game I would suggest using stranded humans as resources for both sides. Zombies would use them as food and to increase their ranks while humans would use stray people to increase their ranks and find food.

9. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I like maxi's idea about the humans as resources +1

Also the humans should be able to find vehicles around the city make them like in most other rts games

10. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    edited first post.