Braided iphone 5 chargers, are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by epik5, Feb 24, 2014.

1. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    So earlier today my charger broke and i am hating apple about the lighting cables alot.. Im going to my 4th and im just wondering about the best cable for an iphone 5/ipod 5 etc..
    After that one of my friends told me about the braided chargers which they are stronger but im not sure if it's good enough than the original cables

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I've never broke a lightning cable, ever. Just bring your lightning cable or charger back to the apple store, they'll probably give you a new one.

No, braiding doesn't make a difference at all.

3. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #3 Nobunaga, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    I can't recall breaking an old 30 pin. I've had 4 lightning adaptors break on me. 3 Apple brand and one that wasn't. If you're having the same problem, I'd try the braided cord.
    Apple will replace them if you're on Apple care still. If not, they might.
    The 30 pin was so much better. In many ways. Micro USB would be fine too. Hopefully the EU pushes what they're planning to and it puts an end to Apples proprietary charger garbage anyway.

Edit: If you don't use your device while charging much, you'll never ruin a cord. If you do, it's a pretty common occurrence.

4. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    u have no idea how great of the lightning adaptor are , micro USB ?? seriously ?

lol , this world would still be in nokia's reign if wasnt apple's sake !

ps: i bought N93i /N95 N96 . and i know how sucks were those so-called flagship phone series