Universal Roller Coaster Mountain

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lsw7350, May 10, 2014.

1. lsw7350

lsw7350 Member

Mar 21, 2014
    indie game developer
    Hello,

I changed the game's name from 'Coaster Run' and re-introduce to you. :)
    I'm an independent developer and it's my first game as programmer.

I'll try to release in May. Please enjoy it.

[​IMG]

2. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Sounds fun I like it hmm free ? Full of iap .... Or paid and free of iap?
    Wifi always needed or no wifi needed?
    May early or late to end May ?
    What iOS ? 6 and up or 7 and up?
    Device required? Limitations?

3. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Everything this person said!.....

4. lsw7350

lsw7350 Member

Mar 21, 2014
    indie game developer
    This is free 2 play with IAP, and wifi is not necessary.

I expect that it will be submitted to Apple within this week so it will be released towards the end of May. If rejected for any reason, perhaps a little bit later? :)

I'm not certain about the iOS version yet but it should be 5 or 6. Android version is also being prepared.

In iPhone4, there is a limit at 30fps. Normally it maintains the early phase of 20fps so there is a frequent break up. For iPad1, I couldn't test it because I do not have the device.

In addition, I'm using iPod 5th generation and iPad 2. In the iPod, there are times when it comes down to mid phase of 40fps but it normally maintains 50fps or more.
    In iPad2, 60fps comes out for most of the times.

However, since fragmentation effects have not been applied to the game, it can become a little slower. This will be made to be selected in the option.

In addition, the game can be played even when the screen is turned vertically. The screen rotation can be locked in the option.

Although the game may seem a little premature in the beginning, I'll continue to update the game. Please wait a bit until the launching. :)

5. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    Hmm still sounds intriguing ..
    New questions..
    IAP will be needed or IAP is optional?
    Energy and timers or freedom and fun?
    Ok on to my main question...
    What was your inspiration on making this game?
    Freedom and fame or love and passion for game making or all of it ?
    Do you play what you make ?
    Thanks so much for answering my questions quickly :)
    This game looks fun !

6. lsw7350

lsw7350 Member

Mar 21, 2014
    indie game developer
    Thank you for your interest in my game.

IAP is similar to other endless run. There is no limit to energy or time. The game solely relies on the user’s capabilities.
    Therefore there is no IAP that is essential to games but can be purchased using coins that have been acquired.

One of things that led me to develop this game is because I was fascinated by the scene in TombRaider:Reboot where the character rides a fast-flowing stream of water. But since it is a bit of a challenge to make it given the level I am at, frequent revisions made it into a game where you pass through loops like sonic.:D

The three line concept of subway surfers and excellent label design have also been a great reference point.

The reason I developed a game on my own is probably because I wanted to develop freely and because I had the passion for game development.

Of course while I am in the course of development, I also conduct tests, to make sure that the game does not become too challenging.

Thank you for your questions. Let me know if you have any more questions.:)

7. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    Nope that is all I needed to know and sums it up for anyone else seeing this topic ^-^ love runners this will be a neat !

8. lsw7350

lsw7350 Member

Mar 21, 2014
    indie game developer