Please advise on how to promote retro style pixel game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KellyJohns, Mar 23, 2016.

1. KellyJohns

KellyJohns Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Hey everybody,
    Our small, yet super enthusiastic team has been working on a big project for the last 18 months. We are independent developers who try give this world something memorable. Unfortunately, we are constantly lacking budget and in order to keep our company alive, we made retro style game called Be Like Jack with a hope to make some money for our main project. It's a kind of a game you would play on NES in 80-90s.
    We have some really small tiny budget for marketing and I'm here to ask you for help.

What you think is the best way to attract traffic and of course have ROI.
    Thank you very much

2. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I can advise you this is not the area to ask this question. Do you see any other posts like this in this section?

3. KellyJohns

KellyJohns Member

Mar 22, 2016
    oh, thanks buddy. I will try to find a better section for this. maybe you may offer the best place for such questions.

4. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
  5. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    You could send a message to @PixelProspector , he always post about cool pixel art games on his Twitter including iOS games.

6. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    So rudee

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #7 one.sixty.four, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    A little harsh maybe? The guy is clearly new to the forums and just posted in the best section he could find. Try being a little more helpful. In response to the question, I would say ask around in the game developer sub-forum. I don't have any experience in game marketing, so I'm afraid I can't help you myself.

8. KellyJohns

KellyJohns Member

Mar 22, 2016
    this is appreciated. I will try to reach him.
    Thanks a lot