Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Bah, I knew it would be released when I bred those rainbows lol.. I agree, the dragon looks awesome!

2. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Gold Olympus on hold yet again

3. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Early word is earth + blazing

4. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    #7164 Amsterdam, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Earth and blazing just got me an eclipse I believe. I have an upgraded cave and the timer was 1:14:22:32. so I am hoping. Second try :) which Iis nice since I can't seem to get the topaz yet

Edit. Ok. Went and sped up to be sure. Yes eclipse!! Beautiful egg!! Good luck everyone!!!

5. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Yeah some sort of gifting history/log would be nice so you could see who is active.

6. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Blaze and earth worked for me, too :D
    Good luck everyone

7. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    It's Blazing and Earth or Earth hybrid. I got mine with Blazing/Lava. Blazing/Lava and Blazing/Dodo are a little better than Blazing/Earth only because the average fail time is slightly shorter.

8. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    #7168 jtfields, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    Actually it's now being reported that any combination that includes Fire, Earth and Air will work. Fire/Sandstorm has been confirmed. The Sandbox now shows Air/Lava as having the shortest avg fail.

I have two, one with Blazing/Lava and the other with Blazing/Dodo.

9. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Got lucky and got my first solar eclipse breeding last night and then my second today.

Might take a break from trying to get a gold Olympus for awhile and start trying seasonal instead.

10. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    #7170 N3sty5, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    Got my two Solar eclipse dragons now. One with Blazing/lava other with Blazing/Earth.

Grtz stlredbird on your two Solars. I got my second seasonal just before Solar came out. It's still incubating. Tried for my second gold olympus too but i got a bronze fail. Gonna try as soon as one of my two Solars finish incubating.

11. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Okay, I finally have an eclipse baking in the oven after 7 failed tries (blazing+earth). Now I plan to turn the next one into a display egg, but first I want to make sure if it's possible to get another eclipse by breeding it with some other dragon. Does anyone know?

12. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Someone confirm, but I believe you can if you breed with an Equinox. To be safe, you might want to breed a spare Eclipse and just toss it in the Hibernation Cave. You have plenty of time.

13. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Yes this is correct. You can breed the Eclipse with Equinox or Solstice and have a 50/50 chance of getting either.

I still don't even have one yet! Argh! :mad:

14. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Great weekend continues. First Seasonal cooking now. Back trying that damn gold Olympus I now.

15. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Why don't you keep the next one too, then breed them to get your display egg? Thats my strategy whenever possible now!

16. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    You can do this as Thornefeather said BUT I think you have to do it before Nov 19 when the Eclipse dragon expires. Someone correct me if I am wrong. After the 19th you have to breed an Eclipse with an Eclipse to get an Eclipse :)

17. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #7177 girlpower, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    Lol, been mine for ages too......this way you can breed a display egg any old time (when you feel like it huh)
    As jtfields suggested, I hibernate my second one (unless I decide to display them both) :)

FINALLY got my kairos.....completely over dragon races and rigged spin wheel.
    On at least 3 occasssions the wheel stopped on the fragment I (desperately) needed, then moved forward 3 spaces GRR.....never have I come this close to
    turfing my iPad out the window.....not to mention the unmentionable colourfull language muttered under my breath......:eek:
    Even ended up using many of my rainy day gems (got desperate).

DV app is driving me nuts on my old iPad, can't visit or gift without it crashing, have to do this on my iPhone until new wifi/cellular iPad 4 arrives (hurry up Apple) but I'm finding it's not resetting the dragonsai tree properly which is playing havoc with my IOU gem list....I may have stumbled upon a fix last night though (have to reboot my iPhone just before I try and gift) which seems to free up anyones nsme I had gifted 24+ hours previously)

Phew, after playing for so long on my iPad, everything is so small on an iPhone!
    Showing my old(er) age here now hehe.

Got my first eclipse dragon cooking now.....congrats on getting yours Crusty!
    Good luck to everyone trying for theirs

18. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    No, I believe after the 19th you can breed an Eclipse with an Equinox and you have a 50/50 chance of getting either. At that point they will both be expired dragons.

19. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    GP, I have had trouble with my dragonsai tree since almost the day I got it. Sometimes it is just an hour off but other times it is several (6/7) hours off. All I have to do is force close the game and everything is fine. Of course the problem is I have to remember when it is due to reset.

20. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    hi ya dean :)
    Thanks for that tip, now I have one that hopefully will help you too.
    I try and line up my colosseum comp. and dragonsai tree gifting at the same time....this way they are both due for completion at the same time and at least you can check how long is for both via the colosseum timer ;)