Welcome to Die!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by kijib, Jan 28, 2010.

?

Coke or Pepsi

Poll closed Jan 29, 2014.
  1. Coke

50 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Pepsi

16 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #11361 k1lljoy_89, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    I'm biased to football, because I'm an American, and you're not biased to soccer?

God, who's a nationalist again?

You knocked the intelligence of my football, so I corrected you in a long winded manner.

So you guys are good at breathing.

Look, I like to argue. This is nothing personal against you. But you knock my sport and country, ima knock back. Even if it's light hearted.

You're bitchin as much as I am, but without any actual depth, reason, or logic. Mine just happens to be a long post, consisting of such things.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #11362 LOLavi, Jan 12, 2013
    I'm not biased to soccer and I never said American football is not intelligent. I actually said all sports are... I would give more in depth arguments, but I was iMessaging 2133 at the same time and now I'm gonna go watch YouTube videos.

Oh and the nationalist part was towards those "I'm american, don't give an F what other countries do, I'm just gonna argue how what my country created is best" and not at the ones where you were just biased to the spot you love. Oh and yeah, I guess I am biased too, but that doesn't make me a nationalist and I can still appreciate other sports unlike you. Well your comments at least give me that feeling.

Oh and by other sports I mean, you can appreciate basketball, but not soccer.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  4. I'm from New Zealand, and American Football isn't played professionally here...Rugby is played in New Zealand....lots

5. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    You are as biased as I am.

What if I told you I played soccer when I was 11. It was after breaking my collarbone in football, and needing something that wouldn't break it again while it recovered. I never touched a soccer ball again. It bored me to death.

I then went back to football (I was/am starting quarterback) for four years, until, again, I broke that same collarbone, and haven't gone back yet. I doubt I will.

I have also played baseball, and basketball in the football offseason. I like both those sports and im good at them. But I can say, and I do, that baseball requires very little intelligence, and little to no strategy.

Basketball doesn't need near as much as football either. But i personally think it requires a bit more skill and awareness. Damn hard game to play effectively, and I'm not talking about the actual shooting.

Soccer is just neither of those. I had/have no skill whatsoever at the game of soccer. But I competed because I can run like a mother ******. I rarely scored, because I sucked at kicking.

I think my team lost ONE game the whole year. They were all significantly better than me at kicking and defending, therefore we were a good team. I could find a video of me playing that year. And all the other sports.

No one had a clue wtf they were doing other than kicking. And passing. And kicking again. And passing.

I've played tennis and racket ball too, although not actually "professionally".

I've also skateboarded my entire life.

I'm not biased.

You said
    So I explained why that's not so.

I do hope that what i just said proves that I CAN and DO respect EVERY other sport

You assume that immaturely. See above explanation.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Not gonnaa quote it cause its too long

1. Of course you may not like a sport in which you're terrible at.

2.You're still wrong. Every sport needs strategy. Some just need it less and more of skill and awareness.

3. I never said American football wasn't intelligent. I only said football was MORE intelligent. Cmon, whats so intelligent about tackling people and jumping on top of each others.

4. I do agree that footbalm requiers more skill and less strategy than American football, but its still not intelligent.

5. Why don't we just stop talking about this now? Cultures are different. People are different, I think thats something you should learn.

6. Android keyboard sucks. iOS ftw!

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #11367 LOLavi, Jan 12, 2013
    Oh and 7. I'm gonna let you think you won, because I'm gonna go watch TV and then go to bed.

edit. oh and i did edit my post to say im biased.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Please stop guys.

9. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #11369 k1lljoy_89, Jan 12, 2013
    But I fully understand the game, and played it anyway. I suck at a lot of the sports I've played, but still like them. I can't play baseball worth crap because of my golf swing (another sport i play) but I still like it. I'm no superstar at basketball either but it's awesome.

Obviously my saying "no strategy" is an exaggeration. No = very little.

I already said that's what you said. But then I said, "American football" is far more intelligent than your football.

I can't not explain why after you just cluelessly stated soccer requires more intelligence than football. That's just wrong, no matter how much you or I like the sport.

Don't downplay the sport. Either that, or you're incredibly ignorant to how it's played, and in that case you shoulda never bashed it in the first place.

When you watch the Super Bowl, just pay attention and try and pick up on what's really going on.

"More skill" in certain departments, but not overall. A hell of a lot more skill involved in the dribbling of a soccer ball, then running a slant route. But like I said, because of the intelligence and strategy required, and because how much more you have to do, American football has a little more overall skill involved, for the sake of what's required.

I didn't say more athleticism. Bunch of fatasses on every football team. But a football player could learn the ball control required in soccer, and play. (Kind of). A soccer player can learn to throw and catch and tackle, but STILL couldn't do ANYTHING effectively on the field.

Cultures having nothing to do, and are completely irrelevant to my discussion. Stop bringing cultures, nationalism into this, and stop pointlessly bashing America. I won't get into that. Yeah, I'm probably a nationalist. I don't care we're talking about sports.

Soccer is played in America.

American football is played in Europe.

Don't bring cheeseburgers and carry permits into the football discussion.

That is also irrelevant. :p

I won many posts ago, I'm just waiting until you see it. :p

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    please killjoy you know how close you are...

11. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Sorry. I'm done.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #11372 LOLavi, Jan 12, 2013
    I think we should just agree to disagree before the banhammer swings. And culture does have a lot to do with this. I wad born into a culture where soccer and ice hockey are the best sports.

Oh and my dad doesn't like America that much, especially the policitical department, so though I value every country as equals and I like to think of myself as a world citizen and not chained to my own country, still some of dad's dislike(not hate) has moved onto me, because of the slightly America critic enviroment. Don't hate the people ofc:p neither foes my dad.

Gotta sleep now. androif keyboard again. has to do wiyh everything. not irrelevant, but reason why my posts are lavking.

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Thankfully this argument was just denying each others opinions and not going all mental. I gueds it helps that I know you and dont wanna lose an internet buddie. that soubded weird, didnt it?

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    In other news, I'm eating cheese puffs.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I just finished a bowl of chipotle and a coke. Oh and two pieces of cake. I like the weekends :D

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    So, any of you guys hear about Aaron Swartz?

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, weekends are the best.

18. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    @LOLavi Yeah, that 'sounbed' weird. :p

Who?

19. He was one of the co-founders of Reddit, and he committed suicide yesterday

20. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Oh. I see.