Being a beta tester

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thethinice, Jan 21, 2011.

1. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    So guys. I follow alot of games here in the upcoming games threads of the TA forums and there are a lot of games every now and then that require beta testers. I myself am not a beta tester but am really interested in becoming one. I don't really know how I'll do but I think that it would be fun for me.

Can you guys please tell me about being a beta tester, and if any devs want to take me even though I'm not experienced I'd be happy to try and beta test.

There seems to be alot of beta testers here at TA, probably because alot of devs come here to find you guys :)

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Well, first of all, its REALLY FUN!

steps:

Ok. So its simple. They send you the game via email in a zipped file. You download the file, unzip it, drag it into your app library, sync, play, give feedback.

You sometimes even get little gifts from the devs.

I think you'll really enjoy beta testing. I'll be happy to help if you need it. Just PM me.

3. Many devs here are willing to work with you even if you've not been a beta-tester before - after all, we all have to start somewhere. Just don't be shy, and you'll find something eventually. Good luck! :)

4. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    hey, Crex, great to see you are still so active, HAHA. my 1st title is still under development. hopefully you could try it before March. it is really hard to find investors here, sigh...

and thethinice, welcome to the tester circle. you will like it. especially when you see your name in the staff or special thx list in a great game. i have added you into my contact, i will find you out then when i need beta testers. :)

5. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Thanks guys!! I already sent a beta testing request to that upcoming game about the aliens stealing the cows :)

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sounds great. I can't wait to see what the controls are like.