How Do I Get Joypad To Work?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mr. Grizzly, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Okay, I see that joypad is available for various games that I have, so I downloaded it and can't seem to get it to work. I am assuming it works similarly to Mega Jump - where you use one device as the remote, and the other one you play on. I start the game on my ipad, start joypad on my iphone, but nothing seems to happen - whether on wifi or bluetooth. It is possible either one or the other is not working, or truly I have the wrong app. Can anyone give me any instructions on this as I am clueless. I would love to try this feature for some of my favourite games, but need some help, please.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Do you have a Macbook or PC? I have a Mac and it's really easy. Just download the Joypad app for idevice and then go to Google and search Joypad for Mac. There should be a site that lets you download the Joypad app for the mac. Launch it up and it will start searching for your device.

3. lzell

lzell New Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Hurray for google alerts! Mr. Grizzly, which games are you trying to play? Unfortunately we didn't start with a standardized connection process and as a result some games require you to connect through a menu item. The majority, though, should connect automatically while you are on the main menu.

Over wifi the connection should happen very quickly (1-3 seconds), over bluetooth it takes a while longer to sync up.

Also, make sure you have the most up-to-date versions of Joypad and the game that supports us.

4. jgynwa11

jgynwa11 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Full-time iPhone Gamer
    Joypad is supposed to connect with a PC/Mac and act as a controller if I'm not mistaken. I don't think you can use it as a controller for an iPad game.

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Haha. I don't know how I missed that part in the post. Yeah, it's for the Mac/PC bro, not iPad. Sorry.

6. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    No, it works for ios games too. My problem was a bad wifi connection when I was at a coffee shop earlier. After I got home, I tried it on several games and it worked pretty good (Arcade Jumper, Stardash, Super Drill Panic). Haven't tried it yet on Meganoid, Mos Speedrun or League Of Evil - which it is also supposed to work on.