Rocket Gold, upcoming caveflyer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by asinglepixel, Apr 26, 2009.

1. asinglepixel

asinglepixel Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #1 asinglepixel, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Publisher Announcement:

"Rocket Gold" is a cave-flying game, complete with thrust and inertia. You having to tow around a rather massive weight behind your ship, which makes flying and shooting rather trickier than your regular asteroids flight mechanics! :eek:

A video of some of the game action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUBs5p-zQ2M
    [hqyoutube]mUBs5p-zQ2M[/hqyoutube]

At Apple's discretion Rocket Gold will be available in a few days :) Hope you like it!

2. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Looks really fun.
    How is the mission/story portion of the game structured?
    How many missions are there?
    Will there be achievements of sorts or a rating system based on how fast you complete a mission?
    Are there leaderboards, if so, will there be global leaderboards?
    Are you planning any future content/feature updates?

3. asinglepixel

asinglepixel Member

Apr 26, 2009
    There are fifteen missions spread across three planets of increasing difficulty. After that, the levels are duplicated but with an anti-gravity orb to collect. These levels can be very tricky indeed!

High scores are tracked per game and per level, and you are rewarded for speed of level completion.

Levels are locked initially, but quickly unlock to the point where you can choose to play any level, so you don't have to replay the initial levels you've mastered in order to try again at the mission causing you grief :)

4. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Lol!

I thought the title said "Pocket God, upcoming caveflyer." Confusing this dyslexia I have is.

5. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I had the same problem :eek:

Back on topic, this game sounds fun! I will probably be getting it ;)

6. asinglepixel

asinglepixel Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Oh wow! I never noticed the similarity. Great minds think alike!

7. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I also thought this said Pocket God lol

8. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    15 missions doesn't sound like a heck of a lot.
    You answered most of my questions except the global leaderboards and future plans of content/feature updates. If their are global leaderboards, that gives players a reason to go back and re-play levels, which essentially adds longevity to the game.
    What will be the asking price of the game?

9. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't care much for games like this, but the first 30-45 seconds of that demo were hysterical - thanks for a good laugh :)

10. asinglepixel

asinglepixel Member

Apr 26, 2009
    There's 15 missions, with normal and anti-gravity for each. So in a way, 30 missions. A somewhat related game, ngmoco's Dropship, has 18 levels. So 15-30 sounds reasonable.

Currently there are no global score tables. As for the future, no comment :)

Price: $3.99.

PointOfLight: glad you liked it!! :D

11. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Rocket Gold is now out!

iTunes Link ($3.99)

I'll wait for the dev to make a new thread though.

12. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Congrats on the release. I'm gunna pass for now, $4 is a bit much for only 15 levels with two variants and no global leaderboard.
    It seems strange that you compare your game to Dropship which has 24 'unique' levels (6 more were added), achievements, and for half the price, but make a similar game with less content for a higher price.
    Don't get me wrong, your game looks amazingly fun, I just can't bring myself to pay for your game when I can get Dropship for half the price.

13. asinglepixel

asinglepixel Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Fantastic! Funny thing is, the thread-posting auto-email was the first I knew about the release! Before an email from Apple arrived :)