Universal [BETA] Rival Gears - Unique head-to-head racer - Closed Beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ShortroundGames, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShortroundGames

ShortroundGames New Member

May 12, 2016
    #1 ShortroundGames, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

Sign-up for closed beta here!

UPDATE 17/08/2017 - Rival Gears has Soft-Launched in Ireland, more countries to follow soon

Hello Touch Arcade,

We are very excited to announce that we are running a limited time closed beta of our new game Rival Gears and are looking for players to get involved. Although the game is in an almost finished state, we'd like to get a small group of people in and playing - to see if you guys like it!

Rival gears is a unique high speed action racer. Players can compete alone or as part of a team against others in high stakes leagues and events. Challenge real players in exciting adrenaline fueled races through busy city streets. Set wagers, race for glory and riches, and become a real high roller.

Sign up now to join the Beta, just let us know which platform you want to play on and we will get an invite sent out to you.

Sign-up here!

Be sure to give us your feedback and let us know of any bugs or issues you might be having. You can get in touch with us in two main ways; either through Facebook (please like the page to get the latest info), or through the forum (details of which will be forwarded to you once you are successfully added to the Beta). Also, as a thank you for helping in the development, all beta testers will receive an in game bonus for beta participation.

We look forward to seeing you all in the lobbies very soon!

Regards,
    The Shortround Team

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Yes please!

I saw this and have been following you guys since you started!! Beta Please! I love the idea and the graphics! Please choose me! Thank you for taking the time out to post on the TA Forums! Ps, I did sign up

3. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I agree. This looks fantastic! I would love a racing game like this. Addicting fun for sure.

4. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Looks really good! I signed up for the beta test on iOS (I can test it on an iPad mini 2)

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Daaaaaaamn, eyecandy!!!!!

6. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Great looking graphics and unique game play..signed up!

7. Cholly

Cholly Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Great game!!! Playing it right now, the music is nice and the gameplay is just like a runner but way more competitive. When will you guys be releasing it? I really hope this game gets more advertising as it deserves it!

8. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Just to let you know...

For some, such as myself, I can't seem to get to play the game. It's trying to connect but won't for some reason. Maybe the Game Center bug still.

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    #9 fabianb, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    The whole game looks extremely blurry on my 5s. Like, everything. The menu, while racing, text popups, etc.

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I just started playing this morning on 6s+ and I can't put it down. No issues on here like the 5s comment has. Everything is crisp and bright. Gameplay is smooth too. I'm pretty impressed with this. I'm sure it will do very well when it's live.

11. zeca1234

zeca1234 Active Member

Dec 6, 2015
    the game freeze on the main page

The game freeze on the main page with the music background :confused:

12. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Really good game and looks awesome in-game. Just Polish a bit menus and screen titles they look kind of blurry on my i6. Ingame is awesome though. Really like this game and the fluidity of driving

13. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Everyone's comments are making my mouth water for my beta invite!

14. spidermickey

spidermickey Member

Jan 29, 2016
    /patientlywaitsforbetatoarriveininbox

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    I feel ya man, my patience always being tested!

16. Missyouking

Missyouking New Member

May 16, 2016
    fantastic racing game

hi, i have sign up IOS bata test, :)
    it's a fast and furious racing game, love it

17. elekchron

elekchron Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Stuck on main/loading screen w/ music playing. iPad mini 2

18. ShortroundGames

ShortroundGames New Member

May 12, 2016
    Hey Guys and Gals,

First off we would like to thank you all for the great reception you are giving the game! We really appreciate it :)

For anyone in the already beta, the bug reports are great, Keep them coming! I will be PM'ing people on here to talk about bugs they have reported, but the best/fastest way for us to squash any bugs would be to report them to us via facebook messages or on the beta forums (linked in the beta email). Facebook is a great platform for us to keep you updated, and also for you to chat directly with us during the closed beta! Our facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/RivalGears/.

We will also be sending out another big batch of beta invites later today, so if you haven't got one yet, keep an eye on your inbox!

Thanks again for all the kind words,

Terry
    Shortround Games Community Manager

19. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I've been playing this game a ton over the last 2 days. I set up a team called "Touch Arcade" if any of you guys want to join. We have 12 members as of this writing. I am having a great time with this game. I tried to join the official forums but never got the confirmation e-mail.

I like how there is no energy system. Thank god! This allows users to play a lot in one sitting. A bit annoying is how your car parts deteriorate over time. I get why you guys implemented that system but it definitely artificially slows progress. A couple of the activities you unlock are not yet available, which I understand because it is the beta. The league situation is a bit confusing as there are two leagues and in your team league, the leader can buy powers ups for teammates and also request power ups from yourself. IMO, this is cool but maybe not needed for this game. It just makes things more complicated. One time when I tried to read mail about a boost I just requested the screen went black and I had to re-start. No big deal though.

Pro-tip, you can still beat cars that are a few points above your own. I think the threshold seems to be about 30 points. Don't be too scared if you car is under leveled and the pop up lady tells you not to race. Do it anyway. The only downside is the eroding of your car parts, which is not too detrimental to your overall success, although will have to be addressed eventually.

Fun game. I just unlocked my "B" car and will keep playing. UN: Ratel

20. WoyBoy15

WoyBoy15 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Hey wicked can you send me an invite for that pro-team