Arachnadoodle - new video online

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by C2M Chap, Nov 27, 2009.

1. C2M Chap

C2M Chap Well-Known Member

Hello - it's Stephen from Connect2Media with a question for you. I'm thinking of increasing the number of videos we do for Apps to include a few more 'casual' videos that give you an insight into the development of a game.

So, these won't have amazing production values - in fact, they will be pretty rough - but the idea is to let you see some of the people who come u with the ideas, pictures and magic code that make iPhones such a lot of fun.

Anyway, the first one is up at the link below. Please see what you think, if you have a moment, and let me have any feedback if you have time.

Please excuse the quality - they will get better, I promise!

Cheers,

Stephen

http://bit.ly/7ORS5G

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
  3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Love you guys games. That game Arachnadoodle looks amazingly fun; I want it after seeing the vid:D Yeah, I think the video style is a good idea, it gives us a chance to not only see some gameplay, but also to get to know you all a bit and hear in your words what's up. Cool.

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Yeah I love C2M puzzle games

5. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I love british accents:p

I thoroughly enjoyed the previous C2M entries and look forward to this upcoming title. And a mod should move this to an upcoming thread please.

6. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I like the video, even though I can't see the game screen in much detail. I think it's a good idea! Arachnadoodle looks to be a fun game that I would enjoy playing. I pretty much enjoy all the games you guys have produced, except 365 because I haven't tried it yet.

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Yeah me too! lol

8. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Fan of C2M puzzle games too so I'm looking forward to this one :)

9. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Would like to see direct footage, but what I've seen looks fun.

10. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  11. C2M Chap

C2M Chap Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thanks for the responses and help on this. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum though! We will definately make more videos like this but try to get a better focus on the gameplay next time.

Thanks again, this feedback has been really helpful.
    Stehen

12. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    #12 skyye06, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    I recently received a copy a copy of Arachnadoodle and wow does it reek of Connect2Media!

I have been a fan of C2M since I first grasped my hands on their first title, Go Go Rescue squad, later immersed with their most recent, Time Loop, but I am blown away with their third title, Arachnadoodle. If I may quote Prab, “This is Peggle in reverse”, hope that got a few heads turned.

The object of the game is to fling your dimwitted looking character in a frenzy, tapping as many “knobs” (see video or screenshots) as you can. Once you hit all the “knobs”, you will be greeted with a level complete but that is the calm before the storm as bugs will swarm blindingly through your hopefully strong knitted web creation. The ones left behind are tallied up and added to your final score.

The high points of C2m’s titles was never their artwork and sad to say that the same goes for this one too. I not too enthralled with the child appealing art style but since it is meant for all ages it is feasible. Don’t take it all too seriously as it really isn’t cup of tea concerning this topic. One thing that did catch my eye was the transitions between the level select screen and actual in-game.

Now for a simple pick up n’ play game, good controls are on second on the list, behind the wholesome fun factor, and good they are. With smooth aiming and fine release transitions, make moving the character second nature.

From just stating the game play it seems to be a fairly easy game but that is not quite the case as there are those who wish you’d rather fail.
    -Deaths Head Bug: Couldn’t be more annoying as they are almost inevitable and take away a part of your web.
    -Elastic Pin: Causes chaos to your trajectory.
    -Bumpers: More of a double edged sword.
    -Furniture: If you get stuck you’re out of luck.
    -Lights: A bug’s worst nightmare.

Remember while the objective is to get all the “knobs”, you shouldn’t necessarily speed through the game like the Running of the Bulls but savoring it and getting some insane scores/multipliers (when I mean insane, I mean 500,000 as an average).
    -Limited Shots: In the game you are given a limited amount of flings so either use them to build up your defense or transform them into score multipliers.
    -“Web Defense”: The more you connect the stronger the defense will be against the swarm of the flies.
    -Connect the Dots: On each single fling, the more you connect the more bonus points you will receive.

What Really Grinds My Gears: Where is my restart button? How can I endlessly torture my character by replaying the levels but at the same time convenient for me? To reiterate, having to quit the game to restart it is a big no-no.

Depending on the price, I could definitely see some argument over the length of the game, though I won’t be in argument as I will be a first purchaser. The 32 levels seem quite a lot at first glance but are some levels that can be completed in a mere minute. At .99-2.99 people will find this reasonable/a steal/something positive but beyond that is bait for bashers.

From what I examined there is no online high score, considered a standard now, which is surely disappointing. To make matters worse, the offline high scores table is cluttered and looks as though little effort was made into it. On another note, achievements would do wonders to a game like this.

The levels are nice themselves but would love to see some more flair to the web designs. If you took out all but the “knobs” they seem all too familiar.

There is a lot polish out into this game with its intricate game play and “try one more time” attitude, no shoeshine required. This is surely C2M at its finest and I urge all of you, and not just the puzzle fanatics, to check out the title once it hits the appstore this December.

Skyye06

Note to the developer, I had no idea what they are called so I called them "knobs", hope that is fine. And that this isn’t a review but more of a long impression.

Btw it may seem a bit rushed when you read it due to the fact that I was pissed as clicked refresh accidentally wiping out my original and much longer post.