Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    A bug blimp, like a vehicle so that your heroes could fly around above other bugs? It would go well with a map where you're fighting in the rafters.

Also, what about a hint for the upcoming map? Like the two most common cord or something.

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think the bug copeter is cooler. And more uhm realistic... I mean, it's much more likeley there's be a toy heli flying arround a room than a toy blimp.

4. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Good job guys!

I'd like to add. Played kitchen normal last night. Made it to 26,
    there was major, major slow down. Had so many bugs on screen
    the controls were not responsive and I died as a result. Furthermore
    I was unable to post my score (a new high for me) as the post button
    was blank.

Aside from this, amazingly fun! Loving it, can't wait for more updates.

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #505 WCFields, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    Post deleted

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    LOVE this!!! Squadron of flys idea gave me a chuckle and flys or other flying live thing may make more sense than having a helicopter show up. Either way, I like it! Kinda like the Eagle in Angry Birds if you set it so the flying help is sufficient to clear a level.

Oh, are there a set number of enemies on a level so more won't spawn 'till the next level once they are all clear? I've been trying to survive the time period rather than proactively taking out all bugs. I've only played a bit though.

7. Foursaken_Miles

Nov 8, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    what device were you using? also, were you paying the latest version of Bug Heroes (1.0.1), or the release version (1.0)?

8. DahakaJR

Dec 23, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.
    3GS iOS 4.2.1, newest updated Bug Heroes. Must have been over
    30 bugs on the screen. Complete slowdown to a freeze. Then the controls
    were unresponsive. So I perished. No biggie though, bested my highest
    score, then imwas unable to post it as the post button was blank.

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    willl there be more colisium maps? or just adventure maps...

10. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Miles! I knew we'd find you eventually.

Did you close out all backgrounded apps? Also, I've experienced the no post high score button problem, but I think it's because you didn't beat your old high score or don't have internet.

11. DahakaJR

Dec 23, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.
    Roger on clearing out the multi-task. Always connect to wi-fi at home.
    I always clear it out before playing any games on the iPhone, it's become
    habit anymore.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#512 Foursaken_Media, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    We will likely add a new Coliseum map at some point, yes.

And correct K, the high score button will not pop up unless you have a new high score (no connection doesnt make a difference as the high scores are stored locally). Its possible either you were mistaken, or it is indeed a bug. We'll look into it -- thanks for letting us know!

So in an unrelated note, here is some food for thought... [disclaimer: this may or may not happen, just probing for thoughts -- we are MORE likely to just keep it as it is then change it at this point]. What would you guys think if we made leveling up for each hero persistent and permanent instead of per game. We would make the max level cap 40 instead of 20, and gaining a level would in turn be a good bit more difficult then it is now (to balance out the persistent nature). Skills would be 10 levels each instead of 5, and of course you would permanently build these skills until they were all maxed, instead of the skills resetting each game.

Would you prefer the cumulative/persistent method or the current one? The difference of course would be currently there is more room for experimenting and trying different skill sets every time you play (do you want to try max assassinate, max self defense, or tank with max health?). The persistent way of course is more rewarding long term as you have a nice goal to increase the strength of your characters to, but testing out different skills will really no longer be that viable.

13. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    If you decide to go with persistent provide an option to go back to the original as I like non-persistant (like it is now) much better. And if you provide the option and go with persistent than do different leaderboards for each.

14. DahakaJR

Dec 23, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.
    I vote persistent! If it gets too easy, people can always start a new profile.
    I love the idea!

As it stands, there are three heroes to level up to 40, and any others you implement. With the new persistent idea.

That would keep us busy for quite sometime.

15. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    I would take cumulative, but even having ten level ups for your character makes him a beast. Now you're recommending 40?!

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

The skills would be adjusted accordingly of course... there would be 10 levels per skill (currently you can upgrade a skill 5 times). If they were persistent, we would allow 10 skill points per skill (10 skill points for 4 abilities = 40 level max).

17. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I'm not playing this game much yet (waiting for iPad), but I really dislike the persistent upgrades as described.

What I would rather see is perhaps the opposite, some way to start later in the game and experiment with different strategies and builds without having to go through the early levels over and over. This could be some kind of midgame save and reload, or perhaps some kind of accelerated start.

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

persistend should be optional. I personally don't like the idea.

19. Travischan03

Travischan03 Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Having a persistent stats are nice, but it also lowers the replay value by the end of the game.

I would suggest taking both.

That is, while there are persistent stats, there are also the skills and points that will reset every game. IMO the persistent stats shall be minimal that it will change the game play, but not necessary giving players the advantage at the early levels where they can just one-hit-kill everything or such.

Perhaps a equipment system that slightly increases the player's stats, such as minor health increase, critical chance, etc.

Still, the in-game skill system will be there and so we can always have the choice of how to build our characters that suits our style.

This is just my opinion...

20. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Perhaps having persistant stats would be a completely different mode of play that worked more in a linear fashion. In other words, have a story mode with a minor plot that explains the movement from kitchen to office to playroom to yard (or perhaps going back and forth between the rooms out of order) that has the level cap of 40 and saves your total advancement every time you switch maps.