Universal Icycle: On Thin Ice By Chillingo Ltd

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Nov 26, 2013.

1. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Well I just got the game coz it was free, was stuck finding it when nothing on the internet gave away the answer, and I figured someone else might ask the same thing.

2. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Does anyone know if any of the IAPs would disable the annoying "bubble" ads?

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Bubbles ads? Never seen them.

4. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Yep, it's typical in Chillingo games, bubbles advertising other of their titles. In the case of Icycle it kinda ruins the stylish look of the game.

Maybe I'm seeing them because I got the game during the promotion. Anyway I loved it and will buy some IAP just to support the devs.

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oh Ya, those cross promotion bubbles. I don't see them, like you said, it might be because I paid for the game.

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Boooyah!!!! New and final update!!! I have been waiting for this forever. :D

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This is the best early Christmas present. Thanks for the update. :)

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks for the thread bump. I noticed this had been updated yesterday via AppZapp and redownloaded it immediately, thinking I'd play later, but forgot about it.

Turns out that it's somehow installed to my device but doesn't have an icon on my hone screen. I can only access it from Search or by finding it in the Game Center or AppStore apps!

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Before you deleted was it in a folder? Sometimes when I reinstall stuff the icon ends up in the folder I used to keep it in.

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    This update came as a complete surprise! The new levels are just as creative and stylish as the previous ones. I even went ahead and finally got 80 challenges done to unlock the original Icycle levels - easier to get this done as the new levels count towards this goal.

Brilliant gem from the past, glad to see it still holds today.

If you enjoyed this classic gem, try the dev's previous game - Wonderputt - an ultra stylish and fun mini golf.

Oh and I don't see bubble ads, probably because I paid for it in the past and it never left my device.

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Chilling I had always done this, they put bubble ads of their games.

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Anyone had any luck completing 21 only pressing left once, or 22 only jumping 8 times? I swear I've done both multiple times now, but the next challenge won't unlock.

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #193 Andy C83, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    I haven't played location 22 yet but 21 definitely seems bugged. I even simplified the challenge which allows for pressing left 3 times – no joy.

Edit: Just checked Twitter and they're aware of the level 21 bug; they say it'll be fixed soon. I mentioned the other one you're having a problem with to them.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Cheers.

Just looked it up on Twitter and had another go at 22 as Reece thought it worked. Managed it this time.