RPG's: Inotia vs Zenonia

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thethinice, Jan 7, 2011.

1. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Well guys, id really like to know what you guys think. I have never played any Inotia games, in fact I have not heard much about it in the first place. But anyways, I'd like to know how Inotia 3 compares to other RPGs of the ups such as Zenonia and Zenonia 2. I really enjoyed playing Zenonia so I'd like to know if I should look into purchasing Inotia 3 or not.

2. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I have the exact same question. xD

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3 backtothis, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    Inotia, my god, deleted in less than 15 minutes, no joke.

Zenonia, I was the biggest fan when it came out. I completed the game six times actually..so yeah loved that.

Got inotia 2, played it, instantly addicted. It honestly was better than zenonia in every way and raised the bar high for KRPGs on the iOS. This compared to the original inotia..actually they're two worlds apart, uncomparable.

Zenonia 2, one of my biggest disappointments to date. Forced myself to finish it once since I liked the first one so much. I used the shooter, which is supposedly the most fun class too..but yeah it was a downgrade from inotia 2, an enormous one.

Inotia 3, picked it up last night, damn. Everything good from inotia minus all the bad things that were in it. The graphics are cut down a bit, but I think it's just a new style. If you're into kill fests, impressive skill trees, massive worlds, very diverse enemies, RPGs, then you have to pick this up. Trust me. This is com2us' best work to date.

I have played every KRPG to date on the iOS, yes even the lesser known ones like itarus, axiom, terra, chronicles of Zic, etc. I've always been a sucker for them since I got into zenonia..2 years back; I've always been a RPG fan anyways haha. That said, I have no doubt in my mind that inotia 3 is the best KRPG so far on the iOS, surpassing even my previous favorite, across age.

Hope i helped, cheers.

4. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Wow thanks, I'll really look into inotia 3, I loved the original Zenonia so much, and I'm dying for another rpg of that type.

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    What... the ... hell are you talking about?
    Kill fest? Impressive skill trees? Inotia 3? I'm starting to wonder if you've been playing the right game.
    How can you have a kill fest with Inotia's impressively slow semi-turn-based combat gameplay? They made it this way so you don't have to endure killing thousands of the same monsters like in Zenonia. And Inotia 3 has like what, 3 usable active skills? The rest are either completely useless or passive. And not to mention the most pathetic attack animations/effects I've ever seen, even SEED 1 was better than this. It's like they were going all out minimalist with anything visual in return for a larger game world and longer repetitive gameplay.
    @OP, don't get the wrong idea. If you're trying to find a Zenonia-style RPG, do not pick up anything Inotia, or from com2us for that matter. Inotia and Zenonia can't be more different. One is fast-paced action with shorter gameplay but impressive effects, the other one is a slow-motion tap-and-forget auto-target style combat that can leave you sleeping before the monster's dead, and can't get more monotonous than that due to the lack of eye-candy skills.

6. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #6 gospel9, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    Zenonia's gameplay is really just a button masher, with occasional use of skills here and there (but by end game, it's almost a one hit kill fest, even full screen attacks). Inotia 2-3's gameplay is, in many ways, superior
    to Zenonia. For starters you are in total control of 3 characters with full skillsets. But what makes this combination work so well is the game's aggro system; that monsters will chase the character that has the most aggro damage (or even healing!). You will want to have at least one character as your main tank (specialize in defense), with one healer (either a Priest, or several Templars), and then either another tank, another healer, or someone who focuses on single target damage or Area damage, depending on the situation and circumstances. The customizability of the game is effectively multiplied.

It is very different than Zenonia / Dungeon Hunter games because you can't simply specialize in say, damage and expect to win. A Rogue doing high single target damage will likely have the highest aggro most of the time, which can lead to quick deaths against bosses because they are so fragile. To truly succeed in Inotia you will have to find the right balance of damage, tanking(bosses), healing(make sure you don't overheal for aggro control and have sustainable mana), area damage (for farming purposes or levelling), off-tanking (tanking against minions), stuns (reduce stress on your healers), and more.

Another unique features in Inotia are the many rare or "Named" monsters. These mini-bosses don't always appear, and they are much tougher than the standard monsters. Taking down these rare monsters at an equal level requires good micromanagement of your characters and their abilities. It is worth trying to take them out at many points in the game because of the drops that they carry (usually of higher quality). These things really make the battles a lot more exciting than your typical RPG.

@November's Chopin: You are so wrong if you think you can sleep through Inotia 2-3. By the time you get to level 15 you better wish there was auto-attack as the fights become much more intense (and they get harder and harder as you progress). Zenonia on the other hand, is a button masher. I suggest you spend more time with the game before you come to such conclusions.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    @NC

Honestly, your opinion is in a minute minority here on TA. However, I wil respect it. I don't feel the same way on many of the points that you made. Yes I said it was a killfest, not a grindfest as I usually put it when talking about KRPGs. The skill tree was how I thought it should be as well. Yes, the graphics have taken a hit, but I like the new style honestly, just an opinion. It's definitely true though that it's a different style from zenonia. The slower paced battles allow for actual strategy in combat as hodapp states in his review. The party system is excellent. The sound is probably one of the best you'll find in any game of the genre as well. I thought it was a great way to spend 4.99 in any case haha.

Gospel makes some very nice points about the game also.

8. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    They're all pretty good grindfest RPG's, with the exception of Inotia 1 being absolutely terrible. My favorite RPG of the ones mentioned here would be Inotia 2 (haven't got #3 yet tho), it does a lot of cool open-world design things which was really surprising considering how bad the first one was ^^.

- World Map progression is designed to revisit areas without reusing them, as opposed to Zenonia 1&2 which is just a straight line.
    - There's a ton of lategame dungeons sprinkled around the world that you can go into anytime. There's also an equal number of postgame dungeons but they're all locked.
    - New quests constantly appear in all towns every 5 levels or so.
    - MMO style Super Unique mobs at various places. And a checklist for killing them all.
    - NPC party members, of course.

- Also has the best music of the lot by far :).

9. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. Now I have been milling through the app store and now ask, how do seed 2 and secret of mana compare at all to Zenonia, and are they good RPGs?

10. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Secret of Mana > Zenonia(s) > Seed 2

11. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    hmmmm...
    Anything you would recommend Krollx as a good rpg of this type? Or is SOM your favorite?

12. arikado

arikado Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I know everyone has different opinions, but here is my opinion:

Zenonia is better than Inotia all the way, no comparison.
    I would rather play the first Zenonia game 3 times and use all 3 characters for the save slots then play 1 hour of Inotia 3.

When Zenonia 3 comes out (which will be very soon, its already out on android devices), similar RPGS dont stand a CHANCE, it will be the king of the KRPGs.

I mean look at this; look at the customizations, etc

[​IMG]

13. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Wow I didn't even know a Zenonia 3 came out already!! Can't wait for this!

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Those screens definitely look niceee.

15. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    both are korean games. the gameplay is alright but i really don't like IAP feature.

16. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Doesn't look like the game is coming out soon though, and there is not much hype for it either. And not alot of videos except for the Korean android version.

17. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Epic fetch quest 1 vs epic fetch quest 2. Meh. Both series have solid mechanics, however Across Age owns IMO.

18. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    hmmm...
    Across age seems alright to me, though I prefer RPGs that have nice graphics, attack wise I mean. When you use a skill the graphics have to be explosive and nice. That's the way I like it.