KRYZER prologue (FDG): soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Future777, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#1 Future777, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

Hey there, FDG Entertainment has a new exciting game coming out soon.

This is our press release :D :

Fasten your seatbelts, because in May 2009 FDG is launching KRYZER PROLOGUE, marking what is only the start of a whole new stunning gaming experience for iPhone and iPod touch! KRYZER is different, KRYZER is fast, KRYZER will blow your mind!

With only minimal input movements, it’s your job to control the flight path of an inter-dimensional cyberspace glider as it confronts endless foes in a 360° field of play. KRYZER combines arcade action and innovation and generates a whole new gaming ambience! A banging electronic soundtrack and stylish 2D graphics round up the whole experience.

But as the name suggests, KRYZER PROLOGUE is just the beginning. FDG is working on KRYZER 3D, based on the same gameplay idea - this is The Big One in this game series. It’s based on the same 2D gameplay idea, but moves everything into a 3D environment and confronts the player with even more enemies, more extras and more weapons!

You can already use KRYZER PROLOGUE to practise and even influence KRYZER 3D with your feedback!
    But this isn’t going to be a solo experience: You can measure yourself against other KRYZER PROLOGUE players on an international high score list. And there’s a reward for the best players too: every week the player who tops the high score list will receive a free copy of the big one, KRYZER 3D just as soon as we have it ready. What’s more, winners will also have their player names immortalised in the KRYZER 3D credits.

So pick up a copy of KRYZER PROLOGUE now and join us in the excitement as we all perch on the edge of our seats, hanging on for KRYZER 3D!

Youtube Trailer is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-JuoZ5DAWE

gameplay video from today (05/12/09):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMcTVaqLtHw&fmt=18

[​IMG]

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    So... its not a vertical shooter, not horizontal, its rotational? Hmmm... interesting. I wonder what kind of enemies or powerups are available..

3. Future777

Patreon Studio

[​IMG]
    BTW: This is the official icon, made by forum member Brett Archibald. :)

Exactly! :D

I have to tell my collegue "Toast" to post in here, he produced the game at FDG. ;) When you shoot enemies, they drop time-ups, which is a speed-up at the same time. When you play flawless you are getting faster and faster (and getting more scores per kill). It´s really fun and interesting to play.

cheers
    Future777

4. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Cool! So I guess its a pick up and play kind of game instead of the typical arcade level after level of enemies kinda game.

5. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    seeing this makes me think of radio flare a bit. what are the musical interactions and sound effects like?

6. Toast

Toast FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Apr 27, 2009
    Co-Founder, Executive Producer
    Munich
    hi everybody,

i´m toast, the producer of KRYZER PROLOGUE. nice to meet you all! =)

the game is very easy to pick up and play. there are only 2 buttons to control the ship (the "+" button makes the ship move away from the center, the "-" button makes it move towards the circle´s center). of course the positions +/- can also be swapped.
    enemies always attack in "waves", at the end of every wave there´s a boss waiting be taken down by the player =)

the music as well as the sfx are electronic with a touch of trance. the soundtrack can best be compared to wipeout and similar soundtracks.

regards,
    toast

7. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #7 BrettArchibald, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    I'm lucky enough to have been playing a pre-release copy of this game for awhile, and I hafta say, it's pretty darn awesome.

As I said to the guys at FDG, the phrase "simple, but addictive" is a well-worn, often-overused phrase, but in this case, it really is true. :)
    What could be simpler than two buttons?
    Actually, "simple" might be a bit mis-leading, because the pace soon picks up and you find you have a lot of manoeuvring to do...
    But damn, it's fun! ;) And I'm not normally into "spaceship / shooter" type games...

Oh, and by the way, in case you didn't recognise the OP's name, or the name FDG Entertainment, they're the crew behind the Bobby Carrot series of games, so you just know the game's gonna be high production! :)

8. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Looks good, but I was hoping for a new Bobby Carrot game after the fourth classic remake is out :p

9. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Lol same here anyways this look like a must buy for me and how was your experience playing the alpha stage of a game I hook you up with. PM me for what you think about it so far and not post it here alright?

10. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Can the icon be changed for the background to be darker? As always, when the background is light, the shadow/glare effect overpowers it and thus looks pale.

11. Future777

Patreon Studio

#11 Future777, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    We are ready to enhance Bobby Carrot Forever with 90 (!) more gameplay hours so you should keep your copy of BCF1.1 in sight to re-install it anytime ;)

Thanks, Brett. I´m glad to hear that.

Thanks! Kryzer Prologue is a really fun online highscore shooter and a great introduction to this new gameplay idea. We just started the internal FDG challenge - I´ll beat your score, Marc! :D

cheers
    Future777

12. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

For free in an update? Greatest. Company. Ever.

13. Future777

Patreon Studio

We will have a free levelpack add-on, but the others are paid downloads and only available for users with OS 3.0. I hope you don´t change "greatest" in "greediest" now. It´s just we need to pay our bills ;)

14. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Hey, I really don't mind paying a bit of extra cash for new BC gameplay, as long as there is enough to make it worth the purchase! Any idea on how much the packs will cost and how many the new content will be spread across?

15. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    ill have to check this out with the awesome bc games you made

16. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Will Ill be able to get the 3d version as a download or is it an entirely different game?

17. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow, that's all I have to say.

The menu screen (if that is an in-game menu screen) looks absolutely gorgeous, the best I've seen yet. The icon is also absolutely beautiful, and the overall design of this game is beautiful. My eyes are dropping out of their sockets because of its beautifulness. Good job on the game guys, most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

18. Toast

Toast FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Apr 27, 2009
    Co-Founder, Executive Producer
    Munich
    thanks for all you feedback! after making games with nice and sweet characters for years such as bobby and others, we had to try out something new and completely different. and we´re happy about the first reactions! =)

the icon that has been posted already looks like when it´s on the home screen with the shadow/glare effect, so it won´t get more pale.

the 3d game will be a seperate game, with a lot more features, stuff and game modes in it. but the simplicity stays the same, so it will be as easy to pick up and play as kryzer prologue =)

best regards,
    toast

19. Future777

Patreon Studio

We are not sure about the pricing yet and if we offer single packs and mixed packs at the same time. In any case we will have a great value for the money. :) I think when we start to activate the download feature, there should be 3 new worlds ready and some nice collectables instead of the golden carrots.

Thank you!

I´ll respond to this for "Toast": Yes, it is an actual in-game menu screen. Glad you like it :)

20. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #20 BrettArchibald, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
    I always design my iPhone icons with the shine effect in mind, and have this shine emulated in a layer at the top of my Photoshop documents.
    And then, just to be sure, and to get a "truer" feel of how the icon will look on the device, I export out a png WITHOUT the shine and with square corners and upload it to a test area on my site along with an HTML page, where I put this code in the head tags:

Code:
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="icon.png"/>
    And then I add this page to my iPhone's home-screen, which in turns adds a "bookmark" to the page and it creates an icon on my iPhone, complete with shine effect and round-corners added.
    (Just as you can do with the TouchArcade site, and get the TA icon/logo added to your iPhone homepage.)

And don't forget one other thing... when on an iPhone or iPod, this icon will be sitting on a totally black background, so the light(er) background stands out well.

Here's a mock-up on a black background:

[​IMG]