What is so special about Doodle Jump?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Yagami_Light, May 29, 2009.

1. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Everyone seems so into this game, and I am just wondering why that is. Isn't Papi Jump the same, and for free?

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It's polished, has shooting, and just has a special charm to it. Play it if you don't believe me.

3. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I only recently downloaded it. While I'm not really a Pocket God enthusiast, the crossover finally pushed me over the edge.

I never got into the Papi games, and honestly, this type of game doesn't really appeal to my tastes at all. But I've been playing it a lot lately. It is absolutely great for quick, random "pick up and play" sessions. I also really love the "doodle" graphics and the bounce sounds.

I think it's a really polished little game. I was first impressed with Lima Sky's attentiveness to their flag memory game, and I see they've brought the same attitude to this title. They really deserve their place on the Top list.

4. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    i recently got this game too and it is papi jump on steroids....this game offers so much more than papi jump at only .99 more. The addition of a jetpack in version 1.3 will bring this game to a new level

5. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doodle Jump is just somehow a lot more fun than Papi Jump, love the art style.

6. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    i feel that papi jump is so basic while doodle jump combines that basic element and adds more gameplay to a simple game. the result is both challenging and fun as a pick up and play game

7. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Maybe it's my blind and biased developers mind talking but I like my Hopple better lol.

8. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    i have hopple and i have to be honest and say i like doodle jump better, but they are different types of games. your game is very basic and fun in gameplay and it is fairly easy. Doodle jump adds a more challenging gameplay with shooting, moving pads, and monsters. I hope that hopple will continue to update and add more exciting gameplay elements. For now i take doodle jump over hopple because it offers more gameplay for the same price

9. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I guess my game is more traditional to the simplistic style of this gameplay mechanism. I thought about adding certain things in but honestly I just prefer the simplicity rather then throwing in monsters and moving platforms and so on.

10. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    yea some people do prefer simplicity but i personally like a more challenging gameplay.....im not saying your game is bad...i just bought it and really didnt like it because of the simplicity. I just like a more thoughtout and challenging gameplay :)

11. dancy

dancy Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Fair enough.

12. puttera21

puttera21 Member

May 17, 2009
    It's just better. It us hard to explain you just have to try it.

13. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    This is whats so special about it.
    I pick up doodle jump, play it, walk out of the room.
    I then walk right back in and play it again.
    It just brings you coming back for more.