Anybody used Triplepoint PR?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by derpderp, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    No problem :) I'll keep on hanging around TA as long as we're making games!

2. ken1980

ken1980 Member

Mar 8, 2012
    This didn't happen to me with TriplePoint, but similar thing happened to me with another PR firm. I took the day off from work for a scheduled meeting, and the person didn't show up because he had something more important to do. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm working with a publisher now, but they're also not very good about promptness. It's so annoying and frustrating.

3. GarrettVD

GarrettVD Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Facebook Integration Consultant
    Canada
    For sure; and at that time I was freelancing so I didn't have a lot of time to spare. It looks like my issue may have been isolated

4. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Nice to hear an honest and practical viewpoint on PR for small studios.

5. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I've been rather disappointed by the limited experience I had with TriplePoint. I emailed them a couple weeks ago based on strong recommendations from TA members and never got a reply. I politely emailed them again this week, and finally got a reply from an account executive. We agreed on a time to chat over the phone later this week to discuss the game. The next day, I get an email from her saying: "My response was a little premature. Upon further evaluation of our internal resources and demands for these projects, we unfortunately won't be able to take this on or continue the discussion."

Hope others have better luck than I did. Can anybody recommend a different and professional PR group that does games?

6. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    That's entirely possible, but I don't know since I'm not privy to their internal deliberations. Our game is definitely not casual, but has received glowing praise from reviewers like:

"Dangerous is without a doubt (no, seriously) the most robust space adventure available for iOS right now." -148apps.com (4 out of 5 stars)

Winner of 2011 Achievement for Outstanding Original Soundtrack -iFanzine

And tons of praise for our Android version from players where it currently holds a 4/5 rating.

That's praise you can't really buy, and it at least shows that the game has "potential" to be a great successful marketing story. The thing that bothers me is they didn't respond to my initial email (which had links to download the Android apk and complete soundtrack) until I tried to contact them again two weeks later. So they had plenty of time to evaluate whether we were a good fit before scheduling the phone conference. Canceling on a potential client after you've arranged a conference is a bit...disappointing.

But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and take them at their word. No doubt they got tons of new business at GDC and were just swamped. Or they realized our game was just too complicated a sell compared to the usual raft of casual games. C'est la vie.

7. Capedy_Toni

Capedy_Toni Active Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Who is Walker Sands? How did that go?

8. Capedy_Toni

Capedy_Toni Active Member

Mar 8, 2012
    I really don't like working with people when you have beg them to give them your money. That really sucks.