Waking Mars By Tiger Style

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by goiMot, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This looks pretty epic from the trailer. Can't wait. :)

2. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    omw, this one is going to be a flier! ;)

The intro REALLY sets the scene, hope this trailer opens the game itself, because it totally works!

I could not observe the movement (walking much) but the flying is really good. I love the idea of attempting to understand an alien ecosystem in order to unearth more truths/way out.

SOLD!

3. moro

moro New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Could someone describe the controls for this game? Is it a virtual d-pad, or something more direct?

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Welcome to TouchArcade! :)

The controls are touch the screen and then drag in any direction to move in that direction.

5. #45 John Francis, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    I'm getting this on premise alone. I may have to adjust to the art style but the setting, gameplay, and mood are so great that I could see myself spending hours in this game the same way I did Skyrim.

6. moro

moro New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Excellent. Looks like I'll be getting this game--it looks interesting.

Thanks!

7. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

We will never do a virtual d-pad or virtual analog sticks; I'm sort of religiously opposed to them :)

You simply touch (and hold your finger on the screen) in the direction you want to move, whether walking or flying.

There is a button for bringing up your inventory; once you select an item, you touch in the world to indicate throw direction.

Full playthroughs by players looking to max out biomass across all levels can take upwards of 10 hours. Not quite Skyrim, but I think it's really good value for what we're asking!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhh shame about the d-pad, be nice to have an alternative control system for those who prefer it. Game looks great, just for me i'm nervous about the controls.

9. moro

moro New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    That's great to hear. Virtual controls are a deal breaker for me. Really looking forward to tomorrow!