Energy Storm

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thedollarhunter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this.

The style, and especially the rotating-circle enemy pattern really reminds me of Ikaruga

2. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    God, don't mention that game. I'm still shaking and shivering from the thought of having to switch back and forth for the bullets.

3. This game looks great! Definitely has some good potential, will certainly look forward to it!

4. thedollarhunter

thedollarhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    London
    I am back on the case, I got distracted by chocolate eggs last weekend!

Yes I am still playing Ikaruga on the GameCube and watching B5 on DVD ;)

Anyone out there with an iPad or 3rd generation iPod (min iOS 4.2) interested in trying Energy Storm before it is released?

You can sign-up for the beta here Energy Storm beta test on Test Flight

5. thedollarhunter

Sep 23, 2011
    London
    I am trying to have the difficulty build up gradually so that you don’t have to throw the controller across the room during the first 5 minutes! Although I am finding it hard to throw the iPod while wearing headphones :D

The beta will be uploaded tommorow night so you can play it for yourself.

Meanwhile here is some more artwork to share.
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!
    MJ

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

FAREAKIN SWEET!!! Can't wait to start getting into this one! I'm all sorts of revved up.

BTW, that pic looks awesome. =oD

7. Platt

Platt Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    TX, USA
    Goodness..ok let's see. Great concept. Good controls. But there is just too much crap floating around to be able to do anything. I honestly don't know what to tell you. Way to fast. Way too many enemies. Way too many asteroids. It's impossible to know what's going on. Menu is a tad cheesy but I can live with that. However it was quite irritating the way I was just thrown into the middle of a hellishly outnumbered battle without warning or anything. Give a 3..2..1 or something.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #28 syntheticvoid, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    hmm... well... here's my feedback;

Also, after sending this to the developers, they told me that there's 11 different GameCenter boards, and they are planning on adding achievements... However, I didn't know this, because I don't use GameCenter for TestFlight Beta Testing... =oP

Anywho, if anyone has anything to say about anything I've suggested, by all means, speak up. I don't claim to know everything about shmups... so... ladeda... =o)

*edit*

Also, about the buttons, here's the response I got;

and here's my feedback for that;

Soap, anything to add, go right on ahead. =o)

9. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    So far so good!
    Just a few things I'd like to see:
    When you're at the ship select screen, can you include a description of what each ships strengths/weaknesses are?

As syntheticvoid pointed out, depending on the game(and what mood I in), I sometime like to hear more sound effects than background music, the option to adjust the sound/music volume would be better than just turning it on or off.

Oh, and I agree with syntheticvoid on having a button layout for a control option, I tend to switch between my thumb and finger during game-play, so a button option would work out better for me.

Thanks!

10. thedollarhunter

Sep 23, 2011
    London
    #30 thedollarhunter, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    Thank you for the feedback it is good to look at this with fresh eyes.

The first few waves are now much more steady with little tutorial messages to introduce the basics (switching, powering up beam, using opposite shots for double damage and chaining 3 of the same color).

The menus have had a fresh lick of pixels so should be easier on the eyes.

I might try and add arcade style buttons in a future update but for now, with the way the game engine works, I cannot scale the screen size down for a decent deadzone and I really don't want buttons on top of the game play.

I also need to figure out how to get the Music and SFX volume to work separately.

On a more positive note I did get the Game Center achievements working so expect to see those in place very soon.

Hope to have the first version out in mid May assuming Apple approve it with as many improvements included as I can find time for.

Thanks again
    MJ

11. thedollarhunter

Sep 23, 2011
    London
    Energy Storm will be out this Saturday (May 19th)

[​IMG]

The game is FREE including the first Viper ship. The other Eagle and Radiant ships will be In-App-Purchase at $0.99 each.

Features
    Arcade action with polarity theme. (inspired by classics R-Type and Ikaruga)
    Mix of set patterns and random waves for fresh gameplay.
    Original soundtrack by upcoming London composer DaveDexterMusic.
    Game Center leaderboards (11) and achievements (16).
    Relative touch or joypad controls.
    Universal App

Thanks again for all the feedback and testing.
    MJ