downloads manager

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ultimatehobo, Jul 20, 2010.

1. ultimatehobo

ultimatehobo Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    is the app downloads manager legal or not. cause i dnt wanna get in any legal trouble. thanks for the response

2. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Wrong thread, but anyway: if it's available in the App Store, it's not illegal.

Even if it's not from the App Store, it's hard for software to be illegal, it's like a book being illegal.

3. ultimatehobo

Nov 16, 2009
    Kk thanks for the reply now I can get l
    All these kool movies

4. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

Which app are you talking about? Can you link to the App?

Or can you provide it's name exactly alng with the developers name.

5. ultimatehobo

Nov 16, 2009
    It's downloads manager Browse download and share files. The dev is hian zing Jong

6. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
  7. ultimatehobo

Nov 16, 2009
    Wat is it illegal?

8. ultimatehobo

Nov 16, 2009
    Is this app legit or not cause I dnt wanna get in any trouble. Plz respond asap

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The app is legal. Downloading movies without paying is not.

All the app does is point you at Google, if you choose to do something illegal with it, that's your own fault.

10. bmn02102

bmn02102 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Download managers have been getting a bad rap from for a long time, long before the iPhone ever existed, mainly because they nearly always include some sort of "acceleration" feature that does things such as queue up a large number of simultaneous downloads, open multiple streams to a single file, attempt to bypass connection limits, and various other things that tend to suck up the host's bandwidth.

Some sites like to claim they're no different to bots and will block you if you use them and possibly blacklist your IP if you're a repeat offender, but as annoying as they are to some, that doesn't make them illegal.

Honestly though, I don't really see the point of making something like that for the iPhone, since limited storage space means you're probably never going to download files larger than a few MB.

11. ultimatehobo

Nov 16, 2009
    Not if u for alot of storage space