Universal N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 9, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Amen. But they're the only ones making console multiplayer, so they get my money.

2. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I can understand your frustrations. But hackers are not going away, its not that Gameloft doesn't care, its that they can't stop them.

Once a device is jailbroken anyone can access any of the files on the device. What ever controls Gameloft implements will be certainly circumvented in time.

There is no stopping the cat and mouse game.

The only thing that you can control is the how you let other players impact your game experience, don't let them ruin it for you. The game is still fun, seek out private parties if you need too.

But stop assailing Gameloft for something that they're helpless to control.

3. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    That's a load of bull.

4. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Ok then, how do you recommend they fix it? I'm all ears...

5. THE_WARDIN

THE_WARDIN New Member

May 20, 2012
    #1005 THE_WARDIN, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    Nova 3 glitches

This post contains spoilers

Ive gotten all the way up to level ten and on the way up there I've encountered a series of weird glitches. The first one is on level two, the accuracy of the guns is way off, whenever I throw a grenade or fire the grenade launcher it goes flying over my head behind me and blows up somewhere off the map, the regular weapone like the assault rifle and the pistol seem to shoot a little towards the right, I took aim assist off and that fixed it to a certain extent. The second glitch occurs on every level, if you walk or sprint up to a wall you suddenly get dropped of the map and fall into oblivion, the crazy thing is you don't die. level ten is where it gets really frustrating, when you finally defeat Maz'rah and he dies the game just sits there and doesn't do anything, I've restarted the level so many times and it doesn't do any good, anyone else had this problem or seen any of these glitches?

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

No. He's right, Gameloft are helpless against hackers for that reason explained.

7. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    God.. They can ban their UDID's and GL username. It's possible to fake your UDID but I doubt they're that smart.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    YES YES YES

But of course GL doesn't want to make the 12 yr old kids with their jail broken iPotches mad...

9. CosmosMan

CosmosMan Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Researcher/Teacher/Scientist
    Canada
    Too Many Scripting Glitches

I am done playing this game. I have had scripts not load on 2 separate levels on two devices.

I've had to restart levels and have the same glitches happen. I hope the update coming solves these issues because I'm done wasting time going through a level for 30 minutes to have it not load enemies, and event or an NPC.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

Yeah but it looks nice...

That's really all you want, right?

11. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    If you're using a jailbroken device, chances are you know how to fake your UDID. It's not like you need to do anything beyond install UDID faker or whatever the hell it's called.

As for banning GL usernames, that accomplishes next to nothing. Takes a minute to make a new username.

12. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    In the MC2 update, they figured out a way that kept the files hidden on iFile, which is what the hackers use to hack the game. However, they weren't smart enough to force people to use the update, and so people could just not update it or they could go to inst@llous and download the old version of the game. If gameloft released the first version of their game with that kind of security, then there would proabably be much less hackers. Also, they could ban your UDID, and despite the fact that it would be really easy to bypass, alot of hackers proabably don't already have a UDID faker, and by the time they get banned it is too late.

13. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    i have this app called optimum app which u can watch tv on the ipod touch ipad and iphone. When i use my old jailbroken ipod touch 2nd gen it it doesnt allow me to watch tv it says we have detected ur device has been modified plz use an unmodified device. Why cant gameloft do the same thing if someone is jailbroken the app detects it and doesnt allow the hacker to do anything at all. the hacker cant even create a new account because the message would pop up instantly and prevent the game from running. the app should close immediately when detecting a modified device

14. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Because not everyone with a jailbroken device hacks.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1015 Rip73, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    So basically, you're saying do nothing at all about hackers??
    At least banning users is better than resetting ranks as they do in mc3, occasionally.
    Plus even with udid faker installed, certain applications do not identify with the fake udid, they use the existing udid that is on the device when it is first installed, the true udid, not when it is first run. That way udid faker, which only fakes the udid after installation, does not work on all apps, if it actually works on any at all now as it hasn't been updated in a long time. Plus there are measures in ios 5 to block the faking of udid.
    Essentially udid faking doesn't work.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Not all jailbreakers are hackers or pirates.
    Plus jailbreaking ain't illegal.
    Either way the principal in that app is good. If what it did was block modification to the app itself, that would help stop hackers.

17. Paul202

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    I don't know, maybe be because not everyone jailbroken user hacks.
    That's like saying that everyone who owns a gun is a killer.

18. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    How about this if a hacker modifies the game files in anyway that the app itself detects the modified file and then doesnt allow the hacker to play at all and the game shuts down. so even if someone is jailbroken they can still play as along as they dont modify the games files

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That would be the ideal solution.

20. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    #1020 TimEggers, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
    What ever check is introduced would have to be sophisticated because most of the hacks are simply property values manually adjusted (many of which are part of a players save game data, values which are not static anyway).

Odds are the check mechanism would then be bypassed too.

Whatever they do will have to occur on the server side where hackers can't access. Make all the files on the device obsolete for multiplayer.