How do I apply to be a beta tester?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sk8erdude50, Dec 3, 2009.

1. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I am seeing all these cool apps being beta tested before released, and was wondering how i can apply to be one and what is required.

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    keep up on the forums, if your a good poster who contributes, a lot of the time Dev's will approach you. If not, keep your eyes peeled in the game discussion and upcoming games threads, a lot of beta announcements happen there! ;)

3. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    o ok thanks- so i guess i have to wait then :(

4. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I sent you a private msg ;) I'll need testers real soon.

5. iiAtlas

iiAtlas Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    New York City
    could you send me one by any chance?

Thanks!

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I've seen threads around asking for beta testers, ususally giving a quick form to fill out and post or email to them. Otherwise if you look interested in a game by posting on a game's thread frequently, they may ask if you want to be a tester. Best thing I can tell you is to just watch out on the forums for anyone looking for testers. It's worth it.

7. mromanuk

mromanuk Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Hi, I will need testers probably next week for my upcoming game Break the Ice, if you are interested let me know PM me.

8. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
  9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just bear in mind beta testing is hard work, not a free invitation to play a game early. You've got a job to do and you're gonna need to spend time writing up some valuable feedback.

...which reminds me, I should apologize to pharmx for totally failing at testing his game.