Universal Temple Run (by Imangi Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Ugh yes, we are aware of that one. The only down side to having such a popular game, if you can call it a down side, is that every possible bug and exploit in your code will be discovered.

Unfortunately, the high scores were hacked way before this issue came to light. We're working on addressing all the exploits. I don't think you can legitimately get a score of over a billion. We've seen lots in the tens of millions, though.

2. Cupcakegurl

Cupcakegurl New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    How do you ressurect twice in one round?

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    There's a 30 second recharge time to use the wings again.

4. ccmonopolies

ccmonopolies New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Angry Birds' owners said that they earned $10 million during the first year it was out. Consider that there are now more iOS devices out in the wild than were active at the end of 2010, Imangi must be making at a run rate of more than $1 million a month with Temple Run at the top grossing position.

Congrats to the 3 member team. Those are amazing numbers.

5. lorddamax

lorddamax New Member

Jan 12, 2012
    #245 lorddamax, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    Some thoughts for the next update...

The characters should have something special about them. 25k coins to change how you look is really unrewarding.

Add in a bonus for collecting all coins in a set... like if you hit all 25 coins, you get a bonus 5 or 10. Will add a little to the coin collecting aspect of the game. (And there's more achievements - collect 5 complete sets in 1 game, collect 15 complete sets, collect 50 complete sets, etc)

And a question: Whats the point of filling up the coin bar? You fill it up, it goes bing... what happens? Just extra points?

6. This game is good and I'm kind of addicted.

But I have questions. There are characters to unlock, what are their differences? Just appearances and voices? I've just unlocked Karma Lee, the fastest legs in the Far East. However I don't see how faster she runs compared to the previously unlocked two.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I never would have thought this would be the top grossing app (not just game) in the app store. Pretty amazing. I like it a lot even though I'm not crazy about the freemium model. Still, this is a game you can play without paying for any of the IAP and stlll have a lot of fun with it, so that's a win.

8. nattylux

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Thank you. It's definitely been a wild ride. We never would have expected this, but it's pretty much a dream come true.

We're thinking about giving the characters special abilities. It would change a lot about the base game, so we're trying to figure out the best way to do that.

I like the all coins in a row idea. We may make that an achievement.

Yes, the coin bar gives you more points every time you fill it up. It actually gives you more and more points every time you fill it up in a row without tripping.

Yes, they are just different avatars for now. Their abilities are the same.

Thanks! Nobody is more shocked than us.

9. UnderStorm

UnderStorm Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Congratulation developers! The game is really simple and quite addictive !! There will be new characters in the next release??

10. chrberni

chrberni Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    Great Game!

11. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    If anyone deserves to stand #1 grossing, it is you guys, deserved it!!!

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Seeing 10 screenshots like this one being posted by friends on Facebook everyday. These guys are seriously everywhere now, lol.

Attached Files:

13. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Just upgraded my iPod Touch 2G 8GB to 4.2.1 and booted up Temple Run for the first time. The performance on it is horrid, almost unplayable. Back when i was on 3.1.3 it was silky smooth but now i cannot play it at all. Any plans to improve performance on the older gen models? It seems a lot of people have this problem too. Thanks!

14. nattylux

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Hey, sorry you're having this issue. Lots of stuff gets added to iOS updates, and on a 2G iPod touch, you may run into issues eventually. Maybe try reducing how much stuff your iPod touch is doing in the background. Log out of Game Center and shut down background apps.

15. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I've done most of those and can't really shut down background apps...the 2G doesn't support multitasking or backgrounds. Still really laggy :(

16. iSuyash

iSuyash Active Member

Nov 16, 2011
    excellent game! super addictive, being playing this almost non-stop since yesterday :p

17. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I'm here because of Rick Santorum. He's in the top 10 of all time epic high scorers. He's an iOS gaming legend. :D

18. iphonerobin

iphonerobin Member

Feb 7, 2012
  19. hollowman

hollowman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Singapore
    sorry if this question's been asked...

My only upgrade so far at the store is a lv4 coin upgrade: "Triple Value coins after 2000m", will this hinder me from achieving 'The Spartan' objective?? I mean, it's still a power-up after all...

20. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania