What do ipod games look like on the ipad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Silvestris, May 12, 2012.

1. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Ok, some games come with an ipod/iphone version and a HD version for the ipad.

What do the ipod/iphone versions look like when they're on the ipad?

2. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    Depends if it is retina on iPod and if your on iPad 3, if so they look good enough to play, eg cut the rope, where I do not think. It warrants another purchase for iPad as the iPhone version looks good enough

3. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    It's usually a bit blurry and it has a black border.
    I can't stand it to be honest. Unless it's a majorly good game that only has an iPhone version, that's the only way I'll play.
    It's called x 2 mode.

It's not as bad if the game has retina..but no retina it's kinda crap, playable, yes, but the experience isn't as good.

Try to always buy universal builds.. I am seriously griped when a game isn't universal.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's not just the blurry graphics that are bad. The controls and display are not optimized for the larger screen so it's usually a very poor playing experience. There are only a handful of iPhone games I will bother with on my iPad, just too many good universal or HD alternatives out there for pretty much everything.