Dr. Awesome and WordFu now 99 cents

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mjmoco, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    #1 mjmoco, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Hi folks-

In celebration of Rolando 2 rolling into the App Store on July 1, we've dropped the price of Dr. Awesome and WordFu to 99 cents.

MJ

2. yacoub

yacoub Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    #2 yacoub, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
    Question about Topple2 OS 3.0 requirement: Is there really something about it that can't work without 3.0 or is it just an added feature that requires 3.0 to run and that could be turned on/off via an options menu?

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    argh, wish it was dropship on sale

4. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Yay for $0.99 WordFu!

5. redking31591

redking31591 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Student
    New Orleans
    I just hope they finish giving us the rest of the secret levels. They still have 6 left to give us. I really hope they don't leave those spots empty. That would be tacky

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Why are you taking Rolando 1 of?

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Why the hell is Rolando going to be pulled? You said you pulled topple to make people not get confused with the sequel, is this the same case??

8. Der-Kleine

Isn't it better if both games are there? So that people who like the second buy the first?

9. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Dr.awesome is a nice game.

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    They're pulling it off just like Topple, to ensure people can only download the new version (#2) which in turn puts all the sales in that app, and drives it up the app store ranking.
    Anyone who thinks differently is naive. They're saving us from "confusion"? What are we, idiots who can't understand the difference between #1 and #2??? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

11. Der-Kleine

Well I think that's quite bad. :(

Origin8 left Sentinel 1 on the appstore and Sentinel 2 seems to be selling quite nicely.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I think i may pick up WordFu. It looks to be a good word game.

13. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This was exactly my plan. I have yet to pick up Rolando 1, and figured I'd wait to see how Rolando 2 turns out before buying both and having an epic amount of content ahead of me.

But this plan to remove the original is really confusing. The app store is virtual, so it doesn't make sense to "make room" for anything. Frankly, I own every other ngmoco game there is, but this behaviour is confusing enough that I don't think I can support them in the future, Rolando or otherwise.

I feel much less secure buying a game that could be gone from the App Store any second, especially when no one else removes titles like that.

14. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    Some people really can't differentiate between 1 and 2... and there isn't a "1" after the original of Rolando or Topple

15. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    technically any app can be removed at any second. Stop tryin to worry about company marketing strategies and just buy games you like.

16. mjmoco

mjmoco Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    San Francisco
    In non-Rolando related news...WordFu 1.3 is now live. It improves stability and performance, and it fixes some misc. bugs.

--mj