What is your favorite leaderboards/achievements app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fallenashes, Mar 6, 2010.

?

Which is your favorite to see in an app?

1. OpenFeint

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Plus+

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Agon

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Crystal

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Other (please comment

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    This was partly made for wondering what the community's favorite leaderboards/achievements app is (if someone can word this better just tell me), and partly for developers to decide which one would be a better choice to put into their apps

2. Austin:]

Austin:] Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Defenitely OpenFeint. It probably has the most unique design ever for a leaderboard/Achievements. I really don't know why, but I seem to hate Plus+

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    OpenFeint for sure.

4. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Plus. It's sleek and fast. OpenFeint is dragged down with the never-ending pages you have to go through to change your profile, see friend requests, etc. Plus interface is extremely simplistic and easier to use.

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Easier and simple to use because there is less features. :p

6. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Crystal. I really like how it is stylized to fit the game it is implemented in. It is happy medium between plus+ and feint. It is a good bit faster than feint (although lacks many of its features) and has more features than plus+ (while not being as fast)

7. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    I like OpenFeint, simply because of how many games have it and how easy it is to activate it for each new game. No need to type in a username and password. You can also view achievements while offline.

I don't like Plus+ because of the fact that you can't check achievements without being connected to WiFi/a phone network. I play my iPod on the train to and from school, and not being able to see the achivements is a pain.

Agon is very nice, but not many games use it.

I've only got one game with Crystal (Angry Birds), and it's been very bad with recognising achivements I've gotten while offline.

8. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Faster...?

For some reason, at least on Angry Birds, it takes like 2 minutes to load a leaderboard section...

My favourite is Plus+ though.

9. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Openfeint has the most apps and im just used to it. I don't know why but i hate plus, it just really annoys me i have never used agon and i have used crystal once and think its kinda confusing.

10. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    OF. Somehow I dont like ++ that much (must be because of that horrible, non sensical name). Crystal and Agon are nice, but they really can't measure up to the 2 that have been up for a lot longer.

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm actually warming up to Crystal quite a bit. I like its interface, its slickness, and everything about it so far.

So far, it also loads a lot faster than Open Feint, at least for me.

I think I may actually have to choose Crystal. Open Feint is nice, Plus+ is cooler, but Crystal... I don't know. I really like it :p

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Ya I've heard it being really laggy for some, but for me it is much faster than feint and slightly slower than plus+

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Plus+ is sleek? If by sleek you mean it has an achievements & leaderboards feature, and that's it, then sure. Fast? I didn't realize waiting for the achievements page to load for 2 mins is fast. I guess OF taking less than 15 secs is sluggish :rolleyes:

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  15. Ferx

Ferx Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Whats cloudcell?

16. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I think Real Racing has it..That's the only app I know of that uses it.