Programmer Needed-Will Pay Decent $$$

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by jsappsinc, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jsappsinc

jsappsinc Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    #1 jsappsinc, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Hello,

I am looking for someone with knowledge of objective-c for an app I have been making. I have all of the sounds, and images needed, I just need someone to actually program the app for me. If you contact me I will email you a zip of the files and sounds.

The game is called Gem Defenders. There will be 3 ways to Play Easy, Medium and Hard. The goal of the game is to defend from falling gems. You do this by flicking gems at other gems of the same color and shape. You will have you dock of shapes at the bottom, and when you see a gem falling down the screen flick the same color at it to destroy it. If a gem reaches the bottom you will lose some life. As the levels increase there will be more gems falling faster.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected]. I will be willing to pay at 50-100 USD for a job well done.

NOTE- Not only will you earn the money you will also be credited as the programer in the apps credit screen.

-Jake

2. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Is that an hourly rate?

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i think it's all you'd be getting...

4. jsappsinc

jsappsinc Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    No, that is everything, not an hourly rate srry :(

5. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    You might want to remove "Decent $$$" from the title then... :eek:

6. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #6 BulletDev, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    Cool idea, but your going to want to re-work you budget.

Programming isn't cheap. For a decent job, your going to be paying at least $22/h for the programming + more for art.

7. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    lets start a bidding war :)

even $22/hr is low - unless you have a 6+ month contract. keep in mind that working as a contractor means you may have periods of no-work which means you need to charge a little extra to cover the times you are not working. for short term projects, like less than a month - you are looking at around $100 per hour; make it three months and it drops to $65 per hour.. six months... $50 per hour.. etc.. when you start hitting $50 per hour - you are talking about standard salary rates..

most consultancy companies; at least where i come from charge $150+ per hour.

8. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway

Info like this should be a sticky post on this forum.

9. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    for most people - it is common sense/knowledge :)

10. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    $50-$100 for someone to dev a game for them...... Thats almost as bad as that 26 in 1 game box. yeeshh. :confused:

11. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    some time later this year im thinking of paying a programmer up to $300 for the whole thing or 2 programmers $200 each. is that a good rate? either way they also get 10%+ of the profits too

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Lololol

13. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    This:

14. iPhoneGlobs

iPhoneGlobs Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Software Developer
    #14 iPhoneGlobs, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    I always want to ask how old these people are because I'm sure to enter a contract with apple and sell an app you need to be at least 18. Any 18 year old would know that you could make more money bagging groceries for a weekend then creating an app over several weeks for 100 smackers. I think if you want to interest any programmer it would have to be a profit sharing %. Which is very tricky to work out the details of paying someone as an employee considering taxes and all.

15. redhookgames

redhookgames Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Develper
    New York
    I actually understand you. You really want to erlease the game.

But there is no way anyone one can do it for this amoun of money.

You can try some free lance sites and hire someon from china ($100 in China is average month salary), but prepare for huge headake.

Other than that just get the mac, open the google an start learning xCode.

16. bryanmitchell

bryanmitchell Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I hope you don't find anyone willing to do this for $100.

17. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Same thought I had..

18. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Hey, I think maybe you guys are being a bit overly negative toward the propositionÂ…

I think this project would be well suited to a young iPhone dev who has just finished learning the basics of app development and wants to work on a real 'paid' project to add to his portfolio. :)

I mean, sure it's a small amount of money, and it doesn't sound the game will shatter the charts or anything, but if you're in a position where you're not working on anything at the moment, wouldn't this be better than nothing? And just on the chance it does become ridiculously successful, you could negotiate for a percentage of the profits as well as the $100.

19. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I would have tried this, because I don't really care about the money, I just like the challenge, but sadly I have very little knowledge in Objective-C. I am pretty decent at javascript in Unity3d though.

20. smoke27

smoke27 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Nice post man, I found these guys a little too negative for this proposition!!