Creating NZ Account

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JBRUU, Dec 5, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm located in the US, how would I go about doing so? Can I just buy a gift card, create a new account based in NZ with fake contact info and attach the GC to the account? Or do I actually have to buy an NZ gift card from eBay or something? (not something I want to do) What's the best way of going about doing this?

Edit: mods, does this belong in the lounge? I wasn't sure...

2. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    You could always just make the account from downloading a free app and then use the address of a hospital or something of those sorts.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I actually have thought of that, but what about getting paid apps? I don't have an NZ credit card or anything of the sorts, just access to US gift cards and credit cards.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I was gonna do it but seems to much of a hassle I think so I can wait patiently till 11pm :( (hopefully)

5. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    There are people around and websites that can supply you with NZ gift cards for money. Just look around.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #6 JBRUU, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    Paying money for a previously redeemed gift card is not a pleasant experience. That is always my worst nightmare when buying a gift card. Is that really the only way to get an NZ account?

7. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    If you want paid apps on your NZ account, yes that's the only way. It's easy to set up an account to download free apps, but paid ones are another story. You'll need either NZ gift cards (US gift cards will not work) or an NZ credit card (again, US credit cards will not work).

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Darn. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone have a $15 NZ card they'd want to trade for a US card of equal value?

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I've been getting NZ cards for a member of these forums for PayPal transfers for a while now. Doesn't always have to be anonymous, I'm sure you could ask around.

Why do you want to have paid apps on an NZ account anyway? Does the ~12 hour difference really make the hassle worth it?

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No. But it would be nice to have.