Trenches - New Features and Fun!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThunderGameWorks, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    #1 ThunderGameWorks, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
    Howdy folks!

I wanted to get on here and relay some of what we have been hard at work on in Trenches in an easy to find/explore thread.

New Unit: Engineer! The engineer will be the next unit added and we hope to put him in around the launch of multiplayer. The Engineer will wield a trenchgun (shotgun) and be able to construct defensive barriers and cut barb wire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Along with all of this, there will be increased customization, such as the ability to turn off artillery.

Come back often as we continue to update this thread!

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yes! finally no artillery mode! and multiplayer! i love trenches again!

3. YOMANx

YOMANx Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    the best is internet multiplayer... i have 2 brothers and they too have iphones but rly very hard find time to play with them...

So like gamer and developer i can say that internet multiplayer - rly good feature.. local multiplayer...

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #4 GodSon, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
    Engineer+ Shotgun & Macgyver skills= :eek:

He looks and sounds like the most efficient unit yet! Will they also be able to repair damaged trenches?

Love the entire layout thus far from the screens. Will the latest update delete your current campaign mode? More customization will always be great. ;)

Good looks on the update.

5. bry4n

bry4n Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Trenches is awesome! First post, felt like I had to add some ideas here

(if the ideas aren't there, here are my ideas)
    Levels for multiplayer, everytime you win (or kill a solider) you get exp, higher exp you get, you level up, you know how this works. Put in more weapons, put up some defense stuff (mask, jacket, armor, etc.) higher level you are, better weapon/defense stuff you get (or buy from a 'store', required levels and you get money by winning the game (or amount of soliders youve killed)

Just some ideas I thought that'd make Trenches much funner

Rank too, would be awesome if you're doing the idea ^

(My English isn't that good, I hope you guys understood this post :p)

6. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Hey I love this game and the updates are great, but currently I'm stuck on one of the levels due to artillery I feel it is completely unfair and unbalanced.

Why? Because I have all my troops in 1 bunker and they have literally been there for a few seconds and bam! artillery takes em all out. This just keeps happening over and over while my artillery seems to be A LOT slower.

Dunno is this just me?!?!?

7. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I'm pumped for multiplayer! However full online would be awesome cause everyone I know who plays iPhone games suck at them :p

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    What do you think about giving the Engineers a Gas-mask while constructing bunkers and cutting wires? That may sound a little to epic to counter the gas attacks but they are engineers... :rolleyes:

9. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    That is a great idea. Maybe even permanent gas masks? We will look into it.

10. Me4Rpg

Me4Rpg Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    yaaaaaay!! multiplayer = The best

11. Peje

Peje Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    How about lower difficulties on the zombie mode because I found it hard to get far

12. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Sadly, that is the purpose of the Zombie Horde. You are meant to die very brutally.

13. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    That's horrible. Brutal death! Wow!

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yeah that would work. To balance them out; may I suggest increasing the price of them so they aren't easily spammed? They seem to hold a lot of value in troop survival and I think it's only right to keep the game challenging(especially in multiplayer).

Will the engineer's shotgun have a small spread towards enemies when firing?

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I have a question. Will the engineers have more abilities later like aiding in unit creation and stuff like that

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I say make a medic with either a weak very hand gun for emergency(last resort only) or maybe even a survival knife?

17. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    I agree with you, should cost 50 and have an extremely weak rifle or something. They can heal wounded soldiers, obviously.

Another cool troop would be a troop that throws grenades. Probably call it a Grenadier.

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #18 GodSon, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    Yeah a grenadier would be nice but then TGW would have to do something with the air-strikes.

I would say currently Air-Strikes+ Mortarers= Grenadiers?

I would suggest a weak grenades for 1 to 2 uses per infantry while in a trench only; if it were ever to be implemented (that may be doing waaaay to much for the game though imho.)

19. Elliohow

Elliohow Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I think mortars should have more of a splash effect and a keep firing option. I forgot what that is usually called... but anyway it is continually firing, because it hardly ever hits its target because of their slow fire rate (if the target is moving.) A splash effect because it is more realistic.

20. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    The ability to play as other factions in multiplayer would be cool like Americans or Russians or Italians. They could each have different abilities like temporary powerups. A medic would be be a good idea.