iPhone Gravitations - (by JLOOP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheSecondSeven, Jun 26, 2013.

1. TheSecondSeven

TheSecondSeven Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Programmer
    Long Beach
    New highlight video of the latest missions.

2. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Ah, I'm an idiot. I too was concentrating on the word "green" and not just making a loop. Thank you for the clarification. I made it through the other tutorial stages no problem, but that one was killing me.

This is a cool little game, but some of those levels shown in that video, wow. I don't have the patience to figure out those more complex stages:cool:

3. TheSecondSeven

Dec 19, 2011
    Programmer
    Long Beach
    I initially designed it so you wouldn't have enough fuel to not make a loop because the intention was to try to teach people how to make a loop around a planet. Because making a loop is pretty tricky as you need to put beacons in the right order.

Anyways it seems I just need to emphasize the LOOP part and give the mission a lot more fuel so that it is easy to pass but everyone will at least pass it with a loop no matter how efficient it is.

Yeah, some of these missions people are making are really challenging. Harder than I could imagine when I made my first missions.
    One of our coworkers shared the facebook page with his 70 year old friend and she commented on the page "Don't think I'm smart enough. No thanks." :)

Thanks for trying Gravitations out.

4. TheSecondSeven

Dec 19, 2011
    Programmer
    Long Beach
    Here is a sneak peek video of a feature coming that might excite some people who have wished there was an easier way to make the ship's path.

5. TheSecondSeven

Dec 19, 2011
    Programmer
    Long Beach
    Update 1.1 is now live.

Some of the key features:
    A settings page where you can manage the music and sound effects volume as well as turn off Kiip if you would rather not have the rewards come up.
    The ability to listen to your own music from an outside source like the Music app, Spotify, etc.
    The ability to still be able to play Online Missions you have viewed in the Online Mission list even when you don't have an internet connection.

I hope some of you enjoy the changes

Thank you.

6. TheSecondSeven

Dec 19, 2011
    Programmer
    Long Beach
    There have been three updates to Gravitations since I last posted to Touch Arcade. A fourth update, 1.3, is currently waiting for review.

There are now over 450 user made missions!

Here are some of the bigger features that have come to the game since launch for any of you that haven't checked it out yet but were on the fence to.

• -New Mission Feature: UFOs - UFOs will use tractor beams to abduct astronauts. You must save astronauts before they reach the UFO.
    • -Missions can now have more than 1 wormhole, creating some fun missions where you jump all over the map.
    • -You can now add multiple moons of varying sizes to a single planet.
    • -You can disable music and sound effects in the settings.
    • -There is an indicator to show which missions you have completed.
    • -You can view a particular user's list of missions.
    • -A slow motion effect that helps you see what is going on when the ship reaches high speeds
    • -You can choose the name of your missions and give each a description.
    • -Builders' Contests - Compete with other mission builders to make the best mission out of the same objects.

With the addition of descriptions for missions, some users have used that to create series of missions with elaborate stories for each mission.

And just today, a teacher is using Gravitations for his students to work on their problem solving/creative thinking.

I am really enjoying expanding this game and appreciate all feedback that I get.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gravitations/id633721587

Thanks for your time,
    Michael

7. TheSecondSeven

Dec 19, 2011
    Programmer
    Long Beach
    The latest update, 1.4, is live and with it brings custom ships for players to unlock and use when solving missions or in explore mode.

Also, Gravitations recently got 2 reviews written for it which has been bringing a lot of new players to the game. It is always exciting seeing how new players take to creating missions.
    148 Apps
    App Gefahren(German)

I am currently working on revamping the new user experience. Getting rid of flight school and in its place will be a tiny level system for new players that will have them unlock the features as they play so they gain access to more complicated missions as they conquer simpler ones.

We also have new art for Anti-Gravity, Astronauts, Wormholes, and of course more ships coming.

I also made an updated gameplay trailer:

And here is an older mission highlight video:

Thanks for your time,
    Michael

8. TheSecondSeven

Dec 19, 2011
    Programmer
    Long Beach
    #28 TheSecondSeven, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Update 1.6 was approved last night and with it came 2 new features for missions, Laser Walls and Turrets.

Here is a short video of some of the interesting things you can do with them:

Edit: The video is erroring on me when playing in the forums. Here is the link.

The game sure has come a long way since its release back in June. I hoep those of your who have checked it out are enjoying it.

9. twenty6868

twenty6868 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Game Impressions

Will give this a try. looks pretty cool.

10. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Not usually used when grabbing a FREE game though...