Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Yeah but it's hard to love a game or call it great when you can't even play it because every update breaks the game entirely and makes it so you can't get past the title screen.

You'd think for this price tag they could manage to push out updates that don't break the game.

2. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Yeah, but hopefully the fix it soon...

3. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Guess I'll be the first to say it. I'm done with this broken game.

Works on my 4S but multiplayer still just playing against all bots. Only let's me play single player on ipad, devices don't sync

Re-install over and over, launch game from game center trick, all a bunch of wasted time.

It's not my devices. I have a 4S and Ipad 2

Game is good. Really good, but it's a broken mess.

4. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Real broken

5. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Face it. This game has the worst match making system in the entire iOS gaming universe. It doesn't give you a list of matches to join. It doesn't attempt to fill up your match. It doesn't work. I have had no games which had any real people in them. I realize that it doesn't have as big a player base as say, MC3, but I should find at least ONE player.

Lake effect, please fix your game.

6. Teemberland

Teemberland Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I really like the game, but everytime I download the update, it crashes. I had to reinstall the game in order to play. I hate losing all my progress. Pls fix.

7. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    It's been out for less than two weeks. Just putting it into perspective.....

And on a side note, I've been able to be matched with one player using the play with friends option. While it would be nice to have matches with humans more often, I think it would be prudent to give Lake Effect more time to work out the issues rather than quitting the supposedly broken game. If not, it's your loss, as this really has great potential.

And I'm still on the first version, and looking at the comments I probably shouldn't update now either?

8. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Oh yeah you totally should update (if you enjoy having a game on your home screen which won't load past the title screen).

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #829 Rip73, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    Well, funnily enough, I have a 4s, iPad 2 and iPad 3 and have no problem synching the devices or playing real players.

Plus how to get both devices the same is well documented on the thread. What the hell, I'll go again.

I'll assume your 4s is the one with the stats that you want to keep. I'll assume that has synched to gamecenter.
    Take the iPad. Delete the app. While deleting from ipad also remove from gamecenter. This deletes the iPad sync problem from gamecenter.
    Reinstall on ipad.
    Open app and game centre on 4s to ensure that the 4s sync is up on gamecenter.
    Open from gamecenter on iPad. The gamecenter on iPad will initially show up as never played but the achievements and xp will show up if you go into the leaderboards.
    The game will then sync after a small period of time.
    This has worked for me on multiple devices and multiple gamecenter accounts many times.

If this is not working for you, set up a different gamecenter account and doing the same actions as above but first log in to new gamecenter account with 4s in order to sync your save to it.
    Once both devices are synched, you can just log back in to your original gamecenter account and they should sync from there anyway.
    This is a solution that I can easily recreate many times and it works every time I've tried it.

Edit. Just ran a test on my current three devices and everything I described above worked.
    Am currently also able to get multiplayer real people games.
    The update did crash on a 4s but didn't on iPad 3 or iPad 2.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #830 Rip73, Aug 21, 2012
    You'd think no other app ever crashed and had to be reinstalled.
    Reinstalling will sort out the crashes.
    Sarcasm is somewhat unproductive and won't encourage any developer to respond to any queries by the way.

Yes, it is somewhat annoying that an update can cause a game to crash but it's not the end of the world considering a clean install sorts it out.
    I've installed thousands of apps over the years and have had many crash. For some even a clean install wouldn't fix the crashes and ended up having to wait for a new update. On many big name apps.
    As this just needs a clean reinstall, it's certainly not a big deal. An annoyance, but not a game changer.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #831 Rip73, Aug 21, 2012
    The dev doesn't have time to answer every query or comment made.
    Would you prefer they spent their time reading the TA thread or working on the game?

The statement that you can't see achievements in gamecenter from within the game menu or that's its missing, missing how exactly?
    Not there at all? Or not doing anything when you press it?
    If the buttons are not there at all, it simply means that you are not synched. Refer to above post to sort that.
    If nothing happens when you press the button, you're not connected on a strong enough signal can vibe the only reason considering gamecenter is built directly in to ios.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #832 Rip73, Aug 21, 2012
    The matchmaking system is not determined by Lake Effect.
    Matchmaking is part of gamecenter. Gamecenter is part of ios.
    Gamecenter doesn't give you a list of matches to join.
    Gamecenter does actually attempt to fill up your match with online players, if they are online.
    Gamecenter only allows up to 4 real players. The bots are what makes up the other 4. This is a gamecenter limitation. Not a limitation by the developer. You should be thankful the developer made the AI good enough to counter the limitations Apple puts on gamecenter.
    Any problems you have with the lay out or limitations of gamecenter should be addressed to Apple.
    Gamecenter mutiplayer does need to be turned on in settings on your device as well.
    If its turned off under restrictions, that's the only time the matchmaking or play w/ friends options don't work on my devices.
    Gamecenter will just flash up briefly and pop down again in that situation.

13. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Agreed. Most devs don't even bother answering questions or doing anything for their customers. I feel like their support has been great and they've been keeping us posted on any new developments. If you have a really urgent or personal issue, you should try PMing them for a reply. Other wise, I'm sure they're doing the best they can to answer and satisfy their customers, all the while working on new updates.

14. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    After the update, the game keeps on crashing when i do settings. Im on ipad 1. Worked fine before. Oh well, hope they fix it. I like this game

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Did you do a re install?
    If your progress and stats are synching with gamecenter, it's safe to delete the app and reinstall it.

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    olavi97 is online right now if anyone wants to play :) in invites it shows up as petri k********* I think.

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    LOLavi I invited you but it seems that you weren't online.
    BTW, Rip73 the game found other 2 players (4 total players) but then it synced with other room with bots. What did happen in your device? Maybe the game now doesn't support MP with 4 players in the last update :/

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I joined Rip's game and he disconnected(probably a bug), then when you sent invite I was in a game and couldn't join.

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, both games started for me but I ended up with different real players rather than the games I joined or started. Weird one.

20. John_atLakeEffect

Aug 8, 2012
    Owner, C.E.O., Lead Designer at Lake Effect Applic
    Syracuse, NY
    v1.02

Hey guys,

v1.02 sets the matchmaking to search for 2-4 players.

As people upgrade and more people get the game, we should see matches being made more quickly and with more people.

Apple has yet to respond about the reason why the updates fail but fresh installs work properly.

Thank you for understanding.

For future Lake Effect Games, we are seriously looking into moving away from Game Center to a custom server model.

More maps are in progress.