Universal Knightmare Tower (by Juicy Beast Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Turns you into Burrito Bison

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol.

3. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I played this all the way through on my iPhone, then again from scratch on my iPad, and then on my '13 Nexus 7, and now just finished yet another playthrough on my Note 2. It is baffling to me that this game didn't get GOTY, it is pretty much perfect design and execution. If there is *anyone* out there that didn't get a chance to play this... Sheesh, remedy that situation post haste.

The Android release has been done in a classic 'shareware' release, where you grab the game for free but the upgrades are locked above a certain point at which you pay for the game to advance.

Oh man, do we ever need a sequel for this one.

4. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    The last boss was seriously giving fits of rage. I committed to beating and finally beat him. I found it best to learn his patterns over the course of a few games instead of doing sporadic attempts. This game has been on my iPad for a long time but I finally need the space. Highly recommended! Top 10 iOS games.

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Still a masterpiece.

Graphics

Gorgeous. Very well made graphics in a cartooned style. Everything's is fluent, animations are excellent and special effects and combat are very satisfying. Cutscenes are well done and even the menus are super slick. With all that said the game still does a fantastic job of keeping everything clear, easy to understand and concise. I never felt like losing the overview of what happened or died because of effects etc.

The cartoony style also fits the humor that goes along with it, upgrades are displayed well on the character and there is not really anything for em to criticize.

5/5

Sound

At the beginning there is a soundtrack that does not get old, background music, that plays for hours and is till enjoyable to a point where I really like listening to it is S rare treat. For me this game got it right. The music is excellent and fits the various situations.

Next up there is the sound design which is excellent as well: from the impactness of combat, the little touches like the heartbeat while you are on one life to an overall excellent sound design of enemy attacks and general feel of the game the game has it all. It's hard for me to find a game in this genre, where there was such a good sound design involved. Only gripe would be that I would love different attack sounds. Still, superb work.

4.8/5

Gameplay

It is an exception to play a game that old (2013) on a last gen device on iOS 10 and have zero issues, you have to applaud the devs for that or just feel lucky.

It runs smooth as butter and I had one bug that fixed itself in a few seconds during my whole play through.

The gameplay is super smooth, still challenging to anright degree, but at the same time very satisfying. If you rescue a new princess, finish the game or beat a Highscore you are left with a feeling of accomplishment and joy, what else should a game do?

This is all with tilt controls mind you! I do not remember the last game I played with tilt controls (for an extended period of time) and they nail it! Progression is also just about right with at least one upgrade after every run which pushes you a bit further. I really like the game and everything seems to fall in place. Great gameplay and a steal at full price.

5/5

Conclusion

Well, buy it! It's old but still running perfectly fine, it is a blast to play and even if you just finish the story mode there is plenty if enjoyment to be had. This might be one of the first games in years, where I will hunt for achievements. I wish there was iCloud support, but oh well, the age has to show at some point ;) highly recommended!

5/5

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Huh, I thought about this game for the time in ages yesterday. I may just redownload this, I don't think I ever did beat the game in 3 minutes or whatever the achievement was. Thanks. :)

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This is one of my favorite games. Unfortunately it crashed on my Air with the latest iOS under the hood.

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Updated for the latest iOS!

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010