Universal King's League: Odyssey (Universal app by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Thanks for the sale and non IAP currency

2. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    For anyone playing and played the flash version is this much better then the flash version? I thought the flash version was to short

3. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    So how's that iPod 4 support coming along? (I hope!!!)

4. Theidsag

Theidsag New Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Ipod touch 4g

I was wondering if this game will ever bee available on ipod 4g. I must play this amazing game.

5. Hi folks,

Just FYI, today (Jan 2nd) is the last day for our Xmas day sale of $0.99. The game will return to its normal price of $1.99 tomorrow.

6. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I purchased and love this game, but man does it crash a lot. I'm playing on an ipad mini ang getting crashes quite often and it's driving me nuts. I've tried rebooting and the like being sure to run nothing else, and still crashes non stop. Grr, I hope the update comes out soon.

Also, I'm playing on normal and scoring a D every time, where my very first play through was a C lol, so I must be pretty bad at this. There is a strategy in units or something that I'm not quite getting right.

7. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    My take on this game: Amazing, addicting, and challenging- for 2-3 hours. However, i have no problem with the game having a short campaign. I like the challenge of improving my playthrough of the campaign over and over. What i would like, though, is a reason to do that. Starting new games and having all your progress lost for good is no fun. Even the database of unique heroes resets (i wish it didn't). Add some kind of central progress system. Challenges to work on throughout multiple campaigns, maybe exclusive character unlocks to work towards, etc. there just needs to be some kind of motivation to keep playing the game after the initial playthrough (because playing one campaign after winning and crushing everybody is hardly satisfying). What would also be AWESOME but probably unrealistic. Is someway to do a multiplayer game with all the different teams starting from scratch, building up their troops, and battling each other throughout the different leagues. The whole thing would probably have to be condensed to about an hour somehow. Make that happen, and this would probably become my favorite game on iOS :)

8. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Well, it has been several more weeks with no update. Is there actually going to be an update, or is this just staying as it is at this point? I quit playing due to all the crashing but want to play more - I should not have purchased it I guess and just waited.

9. Hi trazer,

We've sent the v.1.1 update to Apple last week, so we're just waiting for it to be approved. Sorry for the delay, we were running into some small issues with Unity.

10. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Will It ever work on iPod 4??

11. @christopherrocs, the upcoming v.1.1 will run better on iPod 4, but we can't fully recommend playing on it since it might still crash late in the game.

12. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Good to hear, and thank you for taking the time to reply, it is appreciated and I can't wait for the update!

13. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    #253 Card, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    Recently tried 3 games, all 3 crashed. Any update on version 1.1?

Playing on my Ipad 2.

14. Hi everyone,

The v.1.1 update has just gone live. Here's the list of the improvements and fixes for this first update:

- Changed the game save to every in-game week instead of each month.
    - Improved performance to reduce crashes on lower end devices.
    - New Battlethon flow & UI
    - Misc. bug fixes.

15. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    On v.1.1 and it's still crashing every 4-5 fights on my iPad 2.

All other apps are closed.

16. Hey all,

Sorry for bumping up this old thread, we want to share a very exciting news about King's League: Odyssey - we're recently won the Best Game in Independent Games Festival (IGF) China 2014! :D

[​IMG]

For those wondering, IGF China is the Asian arm of IGF that's usually held in San Francisco, which many here might recognize as the largest festival of indie games.

This is a really big deal for us and needless to say, we're beyond ecstatic. We're holding a limited time sale of $0.99 (down from the regular $2.99) to celebrate the win.

Link to the game: http://bit.ly/kingsleagueios

Hope some new players can check the game out and enjoy it. :)

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    How in the world did I miss this beauty??? Buying now just on the artwork alone!

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Congrats! This game is an absolute gem and well deserved!!

19. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Great game, but be warned that it still crashes non stop for me anyway. 1.1 helped it, but by no means cured it and I finally gave up out of frustration. I've not tried it with iOS 8 so maybe that helped, but I was really hoping for further bug fixing patches that have never appeared.

Love this game, hate all the crashing.

20. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Great game and I still have it on my iPad. Bought it day one. I just wish the Devs would support it with updates and stuff. Still a great buy, especially with the sale.