Blutrol Compatibility list (iCade with non-iCade Games)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lumothesinner, Jan 11, 2012.

1. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Pinball HD I can help with, actually posted a way around on the previous page of this topic.
    Get sbsettings, make sure you have bluetooth toggle in notification center, when u need keyboard pull down notification center and turn bluetooth off, this will disconnect icade and allow the keyboard to pop up.
    Toggle it back to get icade reconnected.

As for the others...don't have them so hopefully someone else can give advice on those, look back and see who originally said they worked for me to put them in the list

2. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Cool, I'll give this a try, thanks.

3. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Finally got HookWorlds to work too. The button mapping is not where I want it exactly, but it works now.

4. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Here's my Reckless Racing 2 config (iPad):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13100693/html/rr2-blutrolconfig.jpg

As you can see, I've reorganized the buttons so that the brake / gas can also be accessed via the D-pad. However, I've also added a separate button to gas too - that is, giving gas can be done by both "up" and the button.

With Blutrol, the game runs just fine on the iPad 2.

5. darebear999

darebear999 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Donkey Kong '94?

Hi. I recently installed one of the gameboy emus and mapped it with blutrol. In reading reviews of games for it, kept seeing donkey kong '94 recommended. However, for the life of me, I can't see to find it anywhere. Can anyone point me i the right direction?

6. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Not allowed to post links for roms in TA.
    Also why did you use blutrol on gbc.emu? it has built in icade support and allows you to remap the buttons anyway, basically not needed at all.

7. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    different emu I think. Anyway, I know we're not allowed to post links. I don't mind doing a bit of detective work but google's ylelding nothing.

8. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    #68 lumothesinner, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    Oh yeh, other emus might b on cydia. I advise sticking with Roberts as they are far superior to any others in features. The only feature another emu has over Roberts is the ADX plus ones that have acheivements...but they were kind of buggy.

get gbc.emu

Also just tried prince of persia warrior within as I figured a console game would map really well to physical controls, if i remember rightly the main complaints in reviews were controls, and now they are fixed with blutrol :D

9. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    I had it but actually like the adx better and am using it instead now.

10. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    lumo, did you get the vid link I sent?

11. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Exiting games in .emus

Hi again. A stupid question, perhaps, but how do you exit a game to get back to the main menu in nes.emu and the others like this one? So far I've just been quiting the app, closing it and restarting. Yawn. There must be an easier way I'm missing.

12. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

In all the .emu emulators tap the upper two corners of the screen simultaneously to bring up the menu. You can also configure a button to bring it up from the options menu.

13. mamemeister

mamemeister Active Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Running marathons and Ultras and retro gaming
    Scotland
    For some odd reason the ZX Spectrum emulator IXPectrum doesn't show up in the list when you try and add a game to Blutrol. I've uninstalled the emulator and re-installed but it just doesn't show up in the list.

Any ideas, help appreciated.

:)

14. Maltbrew

Maltbrew Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I'm thinking of buying an ICP so blutrol would be perfect as well but does anyone know if Dead Space works with blutrol?
    I've heard there are some problems with "floating d-pads" and junk.

15. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Sorry, ICP won't work with that, it only works with games with fixed virtual buttons, so gta 3 with its dpad that you need to drag to move doesn't work with Blutrol, let alone a game like dead space which has no virtual sticks or even buttons for shooting.
    There is supposed to be a native ICP update for blutrol on the way, no idea whether it just contains support for the nubs as digital buttons or as a fully dragable area mapped to the nubs, but we can hope. Twitter says June hopefully, but cannot guarantee that dead space will ever work with blutrol.
    Also pissed off that marvel vs capcom 2 doesn't work on blutrol, cannot get diagonals to work which makes it unplayable.

16. Maltbrew

Maltbrew Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah I was afraid of that :(
    I have no idea how to code and what Matthias is doing is awesome.. but I wouldn't it be possible to place a finger on the left side of the screen so the virtual D-pad shows up, then take the pic, go into the Blutrol settings and kerjigger something? :p

17. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Isn't anything to do with the fact the virtual pad is visible. It won't work because the movement is mad by dragging your thumb from the Center of the pad, but using blutrol it just puts a digital input above the Center, or to the right etc... So you can get it to work by pressing right, then up straight away as that will count as a swipe up and slightly left, but you won't be able to move right and if u let go of up and press it again, it creates a new Center of dpad to work from. With analogue nubs support it might be possible to the swipes needed, but with only digital inputs atm its not going to work well.

18. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Australia
    #78 vcoleiro1, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    When is the version of Blutrol that supports the ICP coming out?.
    There are so many games that need it , it's not funny.

I have heard it's coming out at the end each of the last several months.

19. drfaygo

drfaygo Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Matthias Ringwald ‏@mringwal
    Blutrol v2.0 release imminent, game controllers: Bluetooth Keyboard, Wii Remote, PhoneJoy, ZeeMote JS-1, iControlPad -> http://bit.ly/QDppxt

20. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I wish he DOES implement iCP analogue support. Without it, most of the dual-sticker non-retro games are unplayable.