Kingdom Rush - Coming to iPhone and iPod Touch!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IronhideGames, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I've been playing quite and bit and been thoroughly enjoying playing. The game looks great, thus far I haven't experienced any bugs.

2. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    After playing all the heroes it's safe to say they are NOT useless and they add an extra layer of depth. Good job ironhide

3. IronhideGames

IronhideGames Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Game developers
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Thanks!! We rebalanced the heroes for the iPhone release :)
    We will upload the new version for testers tonight, with improved non-retina graphics :) hope you enjoy this because we did it because of you :p:p

4. Saqerbeast

Aug 16, 2011
    Damn I feel bad that you fixed the game just for me. How can I ever make it up to you?

5. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    This is what beta testing is for. If people have problems with the game, devs try ther best to make it a good solution for most people.

6. IronhideGames

Apr 29, 2011
    Game developers
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Like @Jdragoon19 said, it was a joke :) we fix the game because we agree with you that non-retina graphics were blurry.

Expect new Release Candidate update late tonight.

7. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    So when can we expect this to hit the store?

8. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    #88 Tg2708, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    @ironhide i dont know but i think the game needs some difficulty rebalancing on normal stages 2 and 4 (stages that restrict upgrades) and also the arachnid stage (big spider in it) is somewhat overly difficult. Will try and see if i can pass them though. Also the spear tower where you fight the abominable snowman boss is broken.

9. IronhideGames

Apr 29, 2011
    Game developers
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    @beelzebubble
    This month for sure but we don't have a release date yet.

@Tg2708
    We will take a look to those challenges but remember that KR later levels are quite hard to beat.

We didn't include the Sunray Tower on the mobile version of the game (iPad or iPhone) because it doesn't fit with the touch interface.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!!!!!!

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Wow, I should send in my feedback soon. I'll definitely have my feedback into you guys by the end of the weekend, if that's alright?

11. IronhideGames

Apr 29, 2011
    Game developers
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Yes, it's ok.
    Thanks a lot!

12. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Thanks!

13. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    #93 Tg2708, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    is the new build ready yet and also @ironhide games im completing the iron challenges around those two stages on normal but those two are my real challenges. Love it though but it gets a little frustrating at times, but i will be trying them again :). And probably i was the first to report that the spear towers were missing :p.

It would be nice if an auto save feature can be implemented in case of a crash (low battery warning then crashed).

14. Saqerbeast

Aug 16, 2011
    I'm loving the new graphics for tr 3rdgen no blur at all

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #95 L.Lawliet, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    This is great. I haven't found any noticable bugs yet on my ipod touch 4G. Gotta say that it's the best TD game i've played yet. And it's very tough. Now I can't even beat normal levels anymore 4 levels in -_-

I also feel like hitting the quit during a game or hitting the home button on the main screen should ask "are you sure you want to XXXX". I've accidently hit them when browsing too quickly and then it kicks me out to wherever lol.

16. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    starting to experience low memory crashes since latest update.

17. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I'd like to see such an implementation myself, as I've accidentally done so also. It doesn't happen too often, but when you're deep into the set of waves, it isn't too lightening to see it all go away.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I noticed that attack stats don't change even when Lv4 units are upgraded. I'm mainly looking at the barbarians. Their first upgrade boosts attack power so shouldn't their attack stat increase when you tap the building?

Btw, I love the barracks the most. The paladins are the coolest looking defensive units and then the barbarians are the most powerful. Good contrast. Though to be honest I was hoping to see the 2nd type be DARK KNIGHTS. That'd have been so awesome (dark powers, dual swords, etc). But at least barbarians are powerful :)

19. Flan

Flan Member

May 25, 2012
    Will this be released this week? Had a blast playing it on my computer I can't wait to be able to play it on the go

20. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Any news about a release date?