Show me a game with high polish/game design that failed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by joey_green, Jul 16, 2012.

1. joey_green

joey_green New Member

Aug 5, 2011
    #1 joey_green, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    I've read many post, not just here but on the internets, about how people are disappointed in their sales. Almost always I can see huge flaws in their game with it either being polish, HCI concepts, or bad game design.

I wanted to see if anybody reading this knows of a game that they feel hit it out of the park but still failed. My definition of failed is, not making the money back that was put into it.

I still have the belief that if you do the following, you can at least earn the money back that you put into it :

1. Create a game that is easy to communicate through pics and icon what it's about

2. Polish, Polish, Polish

3. Make good game design choices, Make the user make interesting decisions( risk / reward type decisions )

4. Create a world that people what to interact with

5. Create good/obvious user interactions

Please, somebody prove me wrong by showing me a game that did these things but still failed.

2. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    From what I can see of the Appstore most if not all games only have 2 out of these 3 aspects!