Hwat?!, the clue-based image-recognition game :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Resentient, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Resentient

Resentient Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Programmer; Teacher
    New York; East Asia
    #1 Resentient, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Hello again,

We are excited to release our Halloween themed game Hwat-Haunted!

This is a quest game that will make you look about for 10from the real world to solve the clues.
    You will dive into an unfolding story where you solve clues to fill in the main points, to help an invisible creature from another dimension called Hwisp to find a portal back home. To do so you take pictures of spooky-themed items, and the game engine checks each picture and makes sure you have found the right artifact.

Yes, walk about and find things :p

Haunt1.png
    DOWNLOAD LINK

Some in-game images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a sillier version of the earlier demo, so might be fun to play with children.

Hope you have fun!

AppStoreIcon.png
    DOWNLOAD LINK

The original demo is downloadable now: the first 8 work. the 9th will be added soon.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hwat/id1162102713?mt=8

Right now, we have a game that developed from an image recognition and tagging prototype with other api we were playing around with. We've called it Hwat?!, 'what' with a breathed w :). The game's website is hwat.io

This version is subtitled Vibe as it is 80's themed.

The object of the game is to take the clues, and go out and find things in the world. For example, something that you use to get to work could be a car, or train, or bus, and so on.

The Android demo version is out, but the iOS is still waiting approval. There are 8 of 9 questions at the moment.

Here is an explanation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djZU86URNco. It's just me doing the talking, and we have no experience in this field, so bear with us :)

We are also making a Halloween/spooky version :).

Until then, any opinions and/or feedback is welcome. :p

Sample images:
    IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1807.PNG

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1801.PNG

Attached Files:

2. playmate66

playmate66 New Member

Oct 20, 2016
    The Game has tonns of potential !!

As I mentioned in the title, the game definitely has allot of potential in quests and AR field. I can see on your site that your current release is a demo, right?
    I'll be monitoring for the next release, you're definitely on to something!

3. Resentient

Resentient Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Programmer; Teacher
    New York; East Asia
    Indeed, you could imagine when coupled with 4G the potential for games over a wide area. I'm looking at a langauge learning app as well.

This is a demo, yes. I'm not sure if it is disallowed to link to Google Play here, but if not, I'll take down the link [here]

It could be more than a demo, but the lads want to have this Vibe version as a demo, and finish the Halloween version with a story mode for the big day. We hope to have a demo for that out today, but teething problems always happen, it goes without saying, and it is iOS only, so it could take days to be available, given Apple's turn around speed.

Anyway, thanks for your interest! Much appreciated!

4. Resentient

Resentient Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Programmer; Teacher
    New York; East Asia
  5. Resentient

Resentient Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Programmer; Teacher
    New York; East Asia
    The next instalment -Haunted is coming along.

It is based around a simple story of helping a disembodied entity get home to its own dimension. It will include making a simple potion from things you can find!

I will post a game video tomorrow.

Here are some screen shots:

Attached Files:

6. Resentient

Resentient Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Programmer; Teacher
    New York; East Asia
    #6 Resentient, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Hwat: Haunted

Hi again.

Here is the Haunted version, but this time it has a storyline :)

Help the Hwisp creature to get back home by searching for spooky objects.

Once again, any feedback welcome!

DOWNLOAD LINK

Attached Files: