Chef Attack by Phure Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kusanagi, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Kusanagi

Kusanagi Well-Known Member

#1 Kusanagi, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    [HQYOUTUBE]IVlM7CdxoLE[/HQYOUTUBE]

Hey guys,

Phure Studios; developer of CatSpin which was featured by Apple on the US App Store and mentioned on numerous What's Hot and New and Noteworthy lists! :) is now developing Chef Attack!

I just thought it would be cool if I'd share some information on our next game;)

Chef Attack is a typical puzzle game which is inspired by NES games like Tetris and Yoshi (Mario & Yoshi in Europe).

In Chef Attack you can pile up items; if an item hits another item of the same kind, it disappears and will give you 1 simple point.

There are however 2 special items; the tray and it's lid. Much like in Yoshi (or Mario & Yoshi) you can put items in between the tray and it's lid and you'll get a combo score.

What's new and completely different about Chef Attack however is that you are working with items which are food or at least based on edible things.

They also come in their own temperature group!

Red items are hot!
    Blue items are cold!
    Yellow items are neutral (like salt and pepper).
    Green items are specials (the tray and it's lid).

Put a blue item on top of red one and after 10 seconds it will melt away and give you minus 10 points.

Another cool and new part of Chef Attack is that with the tray and it's lid you can make recipes: just try and get specific foods between the two to make a RECIPE! Recipes are the biggest item combo scores you can have in Chef Attack and if you want to unlock all the Achievements, it's best if you try and stick with recipes as much as you can, because there are crazy Achievements like having to score 10,000 points before you unlock one of em: going from 1 point to another might not be the best way to get your achievements unlocked that way, so recipes are the way to go!

Of course you can show off your Achievements and Scores online through OpenFeint ;)

In order to do all of this stuff, you have 5 Chefs under you which you can poke at any time and they will switch 2 item columns. They can pass items to their neighbor Chef and pass it along to the other side of the screen like that.

I realize that this is a pretty long post for something promotional, but since the game is not done yet, I felt that this is the best way to discuss this game.

Last but not least; we are looking for testers! If you are willing to test out Chef Attack, send us a mail with the topic: Chef Attack beta testing and we'll reply you as soon as possible! For more information go to http://www.phurestudios.com or check the forum at http://forum.phurestudios.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81

2. Kusanagi

Hey guys!

We're looking for beta testers to test the crap out of Chef Attack.

Any active tester will also be mentioned in the game with either his/her real name or nickname and of course get a promo code!

If anybody's interested please let me know! :)

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Can I see some gameplay?

4. Kusanagi

You sure can!

[HQYOUTUBE]IVlM7CdxoLE[/HQYOUTUBE]