I LOVE ZOMBIES announcement

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Evil Indie Games, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Evil Indie Games

Evil Indie Games Well-Known Member

#1 Evil Indie Games, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    Hi guys,

In cooperation with Toffu Games we are currently working hard to provide the best killing zombies experience on mobile device ;).

I mean we are working hard on I LOVE ZOMBIES game which seems to become a wonderful thing to spend your spare time on.

In few very short words:
    -> First person perspective / railway shooter gameplay
    -> Unique, awesome comic / cartoon like graphics made by one of the most talented drawer I have ever met.
    -> Many different locations like suburbs, city center, school, shopping center, stadium, railway station. Everywhere you can shot off the heads, hands, legs and many more.
    -> Great sounds and music experience thanks to our sensitive ear
    -> Wonderful trophies to collect: beautiful girls or handsom boys as you wish (they will need your help, John, Mark, Tommy, Alice...)
    -> Many different weapons, gaining experience points etc etc etc.

We hope you will enjoy this stuff a lot. And you will have as much fun as we have doing the game ;).
    Any hints, wishes, remarks are really welcome.

Take a look on some initial graphics to have a feel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some gameplay screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will update you with some news soon. Cross the fingers for I love zombies :).

Follow the game here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/i-love-zombies

[​IMG]

Updating with promo video:

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have a soft spot of zombie games; but consider changing the name of the game... it doesn't really stick with me. Interesting doodle style graphics. Is this to be a first person shooter?

3. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    It seems like a first person shooter. The zombies design is a little bit not that impressive for me. Is that the girl also a zombie? Is there a detailed storyline about the game?

4. Atischery

Atischery Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    The doodle graphics are funny. But what's the game actually about? I need more detailed information. Is there a preview video?

5. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Sorry chaps, this looks a bit lazy to me. Even the sprites share several key features; look at the legs, 4 of them share pretty much the same legs! :eek:

6. Keriber

Keriber Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I still have no idea what the game is totally about. The zombies design is just a little...disgusting, not funny. If the developer can do some change to make them more interesting and impressive, it'll be better.

7. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Railway shooter.

On rails?

Eurgh, no ta.

8. Evil Indie Games

Hi Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts,

Nice to have some comments from you, those critical are also important for us, since we would like to make the game really enjoyable.

@undeadcow, yeah it's gonna to be a first person shooter, the title is still under discussion so if you have better idea (and your nick gives the impression you are really linguistic ace), please share with us :).

@anualisher the first idea was to make zombies styled for the cardboard characters and treat their parts separately + including some physics to have nice effects of shooting away heads, hands and other parts of bad zombies ;).

This gave for us quite nice impression (many parts are flying away, later they lay on the street, etc.). But if you like other styled graphics, could you give some examples? We could try to change our way a bit.

@Atichery, nice to hear you like the graphics :). Mainly it's the first person shooter. I can confess that the main plot focuses on rescuing some beautiful girls (or boys - player will be able to choose) . The whole plot is kept in secret for now, but I am assuring you it will be a bit surprising.
    We will post the very first video soon :).

We do really would like to make it a bit parodical (this is where the title comes from) so any ideas in this matter will be valuable as well.

Robiow, I told railway, because there is the level on the railway station which plays the important role in the plot ;). He he...

This is half-done map with locations... There are still undone yet, but this gives the overall impression...

[​IMG]

9. Evil Indie Games

Hi All,

I just want to ask you about one issue and update with some news about the game.
    We almost finished the level called "Back To School", here is some gameplay screen shot ( I really like this school drawn by my brother, since it reminds the one I used to go to about 20 years ago...):

[​IMG]

We were going to prepare 10 different locations but this would probably make the game > 20MB (due to many, many artworks needed).
    Would you guys prefer to have smaller game (<20MB) with less different locations or >20MB is ok for you?

thanks in advance for the hint.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Personally, over 20MB is fine for me, because I have an iPod Touch so all of my downloads are WiFi anyway.

11. olnex

olnex Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    The girl looks nice, is she a zombie as well?

12. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I wanna ask the same question. The doodle style graphics makes the game look really unique. Hope it'll be very awesome.

13. Evil Indie Games

Hi Guys,

Really thanks for your answers, so we decided to add full music soundtracks and much more different graphics to make the game really nice.

As for your question: if you play well, you will rescue this girl (and many other beauties like this one) preventing from becoming a zombie :).
    There will be boys or girls to rescue :). Everyone will be able to collect his own "trophies" - sweet girls or handsome boys.

14. Evil Indie Games

I Love Zombies around the corner :)

Hi All,

I've just seen Call of Mini: Zombies is announced to be released soon, which seems to be a great zombie game, so looks like there will be strong competition between us ;) (but competition makes the things are getting better and better).

We are also just around the corner and currently working on some promo video of I LOVE ZOMBIES game. Hope you will like it.

I just would like to update you with some screenshots.
    Have fun and stay tuned.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Evil Indie Games

#15 Evil Indie Games, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    I LOVE ZOMBIES promo video

Enjoy:

[​IMG]

16. Poor Little Garbageman

Feb 21, 2011
    Wow, video looks amazing. I love the doodle style graphics so much. When will it be available?

17. Evil Indie Games

Hi Poor Little Garbageman,

Thanks for nice words, it's a shame we haven't posted HD video yet, so you have to forgive us this low res and compression artifacts, but we hope it gives a nice gameplay feeling.

If everything will go ok with Apple the game should be available within 2 weeks.
    We are still polishing some new levels and other details. Be patient :).

[​IMG]

18. Evil Indie Games

Icon hangover... Please help us!

Hi Guys,

We are very happy since game is almost finished and almost ready for publishing, but the last thing which remains is... icon...

Could you tell us which icon of the following you find the best one?
    Which is your favourite?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Evil Indie Games

19. Evil Indie Games

I LOVE ZOMBIES on iPad gameplay movie

Gameplay on iPad looks like this:

20. Evil Indie Games