Rasta Monkey 1.6 with new levels!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Noam, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Hey Guys,

We just submitted Rasta Monkey 1.6 to the app store (which means it would hopefully take no longer than a week from now to get Apple's approval).

The new update has 5 new levels with new game elements and monsters. With the 5 different characters you have in the game (and they are really different in terms of weight and speed), it actually means you now have 25 new levels of Rasta Monkey to play with, with no extra fee;)

Here is a short video displaying the new features, so enjoy it! (and if you love the game, help us spread the word about it by retweeting the link and sending to friends):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpjWfCIwRJs

Respecta, Noam

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    damn 27 megs to re-download? have to wait till i get home from the office! Thanks for updating!

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Thanks Wegmans! The update was just submitted and still havent been approved, so take your time:)

4. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Awesome!! :) I downloaded this game quite awhile ago, but for some reason or another, I never managed to find the time to play past the first few levels.

Seeing this video now though has put me back in the mood to fire it up again, so that hopefully when the update comes out, I'll be ready to play these new levels...

By the way, I embedded the video here, to make viewing quicker:

5. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Thats a cool trailer. Looks like some nice new gameplay mechanics in the update, can't wait. The only problem is i've got so many good games to play and so little time to play them!

6. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Congrat's Noam!!!! I can't wait to give the new level's a shot. Not only that, but am eagerly anticipating nitako's next game. Thanks for the hard work my friend;)

7. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    hahaa love the video. can't wait

8. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Awesome! Gotta love rasta. I was actually just in st Thomas and they are like all Rastafarians.

Any upcoming games?

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    That's good news. I've been waiting for a content update ever since this came out. It's a great game, I just thought it was short. Can't wait to get back into it.

10. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    best part of this game is the music...just sit back relax and let it play:D

11. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    One of my all time favorite "i" games. I love reggae and I love monkey's, this game brought those two loves together:)

12. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    so true

13. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I didn't realize that there was a version 1.5 released with a little more content. I erased it from my phone and didn't see the update. I guess I can keep busy with that until 1.6 is available.:)

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Thanks mon, that makes much more sense than a link:) and as one graphic artist to another, I love the art on Parachute Panic! and it's also a great game:) Let me know what you think of the new levels!

I totally agree, it's crazy how many good games are coming out, so exciting!

Thank you so much mon! I promise you will be the first to try any working beta we will have:)

Thank you so much Hobbes! we currently don't plan on any more updates in the near future since we already started working on the next title...

Thanks mon! I'd be happy to get your feedback:)

Wow, thanks mon! it was actually recorded here in our offices. Yuval, my partner in Nitako, is the drummer. I did the bass + synth guitar, and our friend Nimrod Sarda edited these tracks. It was a whole lotta fun to make them and I'm glad you love it:)

Haha! guy's, maybe you forgot but we ARE very advanced and technology equipped apes:)

Thanks mon:) Respecta!

15. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    As far as apes, we're not nearly as awesome as monkey's. We're all bald, and gross and stuff. Also I wish I had a tail....

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    A tail would be wicked!

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Hey people, Rasta Monkey 1.6 with wicked new levels is finally out! Let us know what you think.
    We started working on our next game, so anybody interested in beta testing (not right now, but in the very near future), please let me know, here or directly to my email: [email protected]
    Respecta, Noam

18. BrettArchibald

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Thanks man, mucho appreciado! :)
    I've just finished off some new artwork for some new gameplay elements that will be in the upcoming 1.1 update.

But back to Rasta Monkey... I'd love to let you know what I think of the new levels, but I'm still working my way through the previous levels! :(
    How many levels are there, by the way? The Level-Selecta screen doesn't give us any clues, as it only shows buttons for levels that are already unlocked...
    Could I put in a request to *show* ALL the buttons on the Level-Selecta screen, but to have the levels that are still locked to have a padlock icon on them or something — kinda similar to how you have the Character-Selecta screen...

As a player, it's always good to know just how far we are through a game, and it's not good to find we've suddenly "run out of levels" at the end, when we weren't expecting it, if you know what I mean...?

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Thanks for the excellent advice mon:) there are 15 levels and 5 chars currently in the game. Can't wait to see the new game elements youre making, when is the update coming?

20. BrettArchibald

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    All the designs and animations are done, so now it's up to the coders, but don't worry, they're very eager to get it finished!! :)
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=346579#post346579