What would you suggest for staple games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Desertking24, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I'm a well rounded gamer, I have an awesome PC, wiiu, GameCube, 3ds, ds, gba, vita,psp, ps4 and the eventual NX. But I was wondering and I have a few games on my iPad. I have a 64 gb iPad and so far love Hitman Go, and Kairosoft games. But what games you consider staples I should add to my device?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My suggestions:

Implosion
    Space Marshals
    Lara Croft GO
    Monument Valley
    Shadowmatic
    Zen Pinball
    Boson X
    Race the Sun

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    You've pretty got all the gaming bases covered there, so no need to look at ports. Standout iOS-only titles include The Room series, the GO series (you already have Hitman, so I suggest getting Lara Croft too), Furdemption/King Rabbit, Implosion, 868-Hack, Goblin Sword, A Dark Room, Alto's Adventure, Tennis Champ Returns (OK, kind of a port), Space Marshals, Lost Socks, Prune, Out There, HoPiKo and all the Inkle games (Sorcery, etc). These are all good starting points as iOS staples.

The nice thing about these games is that they are enormously varied in style and genre.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #4 Dankrio, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Great games so far.

I would add Device 6, Year Walk, Blackbar, Horizon Chase, Ridiculous Fishing, Infinity Blade series, Crashlands, Punch Quest, You Must Build a Boat, Wayward Souls and Battleheart.

5. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #5 Dankrio, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    "You've pretty got all the gaming bases covered there, so no need to look at ports"

I would add that some games work better on Touchscreens, like Telltale Games or Banner Saga.

Edit: Unrelated: even if it as port, This War of mine just dropped to lowest yet: $2.99.

6. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I would add

Crashlands (I see this was recommended already, it's a good one)
    Xcom Enemy Within
    Heroes of Steel (Treese Brothers)
    Templar (Treese Brothers)

7. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    What about knights of pen and paper and King of dragon pass?

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    FTL
    Tallowmere
    Pathfinder ACG
    Galactic keep
    Ascension

And what Ashmike said.

(Sorry, my jam is biased towards strategy, but at least those games are all very different from one another, to make it a little rounded while broadly in the strategy genre)

It's always interesting to see what everyone's favourite bunch are, rounded or not.

9. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Knights of Pen and Paper still holds up well.. and there is part two now.. Both have optional DLCs, but part one does not rely too heavy on them... Just check the threads for those games.. They were loved, especially the first one..

I have part one and two, but have not played part two yet. From what I've heard, its pretty heavy on the DLC side if you want to go deep..

My game buying days on IOS began in the era of Knights of Pen and Paper, well, a bit after it was released actually.. But it was one of the first games I remember buying.. I've never finished it, but that is no fault to the game..

I recommend watching gameplay videos on Youtube before you buy anything, that way you can get a feel for the mechanics, sound, and graphics to see if its something you think you may enjoy playing..

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I've heard awesome things about King of Dragon Pass. Haven't played it yet, though.

In fact, I have both, but haven't played them. I must stop being a compulsive buyer. lol

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Ridiculous Fishing
    fruit Ninja
    Bejeweled
    Candy crush
    Clash of clans
    Clash Royale
    Super Cat Phantom . Platformer that is my favorite
    Dragon hills
    The room series
    The executive
    Tomb of mask
    Hammer bomb

12. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Swordigo
    Threes
    Infinity Blade 3
    Goblin Sword
    Furdemption/King Rabbit
    Impossible Road
    Super Hexagon
    Hoplite
    Oceanhorn
    Bardbarian
    Limbo
    The Executive

13. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    What about Gameloft's My Little Pony game?

Oh. Oh, my bad. I thought the thread title said 'stable games'.