Sale! Ravensword 4.99 Avatar 6.99 The settlers 4.99

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gk6504, Dec 31, 2009.

1. gk6504

gk6504 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #1 gk6504, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    Crap which one to buy? (this is not really a question, I'm just excited)

2. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Wrong section, unnecessary thread even if it's in the right section as there's a consolidation thread now.
    And get Avatar or Settlers depending on if you like action/adventure or strategy. Oo
    God what is it with people not even hinting what their preferences are before asking? Apples or newspapers?

3. Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Peoria, Arizona
    I'm guessing if he had a preference he wouldn't need help deciding. Maybe he likes apples just as much as newspapers. I'd say get Ravensword just to be contradictory. Besides it's the one I'm on the fence about atm anyway.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

You must like saying my name? :eek:

5. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    All three are really nice games...maybe get another iTunes gift card and get all three :p

6. Chrono Gear

Oct 10, 2009
    Peoria, Arizona
    I think he was asking for you to weigh in on the matter.

7. gk6504

gk6504 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I'd rather start a new thread so people can see the sale and act quickly. I missed few sales because The titles were not changed before the sale ended. "Which one to buy" is more like a expression of excitment than a question.

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: were these games just released? do they not already have another thread? then they don't belong here.

9. Chrono Gear

Oct 10, 2009
    Peoria, Arizona
    Perhaps use appshopper and have them email you when the games you want go on sale? Works for me, just got a notice that Harbor Havoc 3d just went on sale for $0.99-I'll probably pick it up now.

10. gk6504

gk6504 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #10 gk6504, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    Like I said I've missed few sales because of that. Sometimes it's just too late to wait for the title changes. Not everyone has time to read every single posts within a thread, not along all three of them. I guess I will not share any sale I found anymore. I was just excited to see those high profile games on sale so soon.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Well to weigh in I would choose Ravensword.

All three games are nice in their own right. Avatar has great graphics but has rather short levels (for me at least) and thats all i can really say. Settlers has a lite version iirc to try for free but it lacks life and is very repetitive as well as the micromanaging isn't to fun.

Ravensword is the only one out of the three with guaranteed updates/expansion(s). It offers more of an open environment adventure. 1st/3rd person views, It has a lot of content, monsters, weapons that change appearance, armors that change appearance, horseback riding, and alot to do afer you have completed the main quest. It shines the most for me. Plus its made by a two man army!

Its a great game to have and Aurora Hates it. That alone is reason to get it. :D

Gameloft is known for "Set it, and forget it." :rolleyes:

12. gk6504

gk6504 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Those are great points! I'm getting the ravensword, thank you!

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    ravensword or avatar.

14. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    XD take it easy, No one forces you to answer or even watch these threads. No one will die if he asks what to buy.

15. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I don't know what's with all the hate on this thread.

because of this thread, I saw that avatar was on sale, and just purchased it. (I was very on the fence before, but now it's an instant buy).

so thank you for letting me know!

now whether or not to pick up ravensword, hm...

16. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    +1 Ravensword is a great game, a very safe bet, and an absolute steal at the sale price. The Settlers definitely has a lite version so be sure to check that out if you're interested. I've just picked up Avatar on sale, and it looks great, but I haven't played it yet so can't comment.

I've beat Ravensword twice and with the last update, it really provides some nice replay value. I still pick it up and play sometimes even after having beaten it. Can't go wrong :)

17. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Avatar for sure. In my opinion, it was the best game of 2009.

18. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Hmm I'm debating getting Avatar and The Secret of Monkey Island (on sale too).

19. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Wtf? o_O
    Yeah that sure made your argument reallllyy valid :rolleyes:
    And it's so enjoyable saying Ravensword sucks and watch the fanboys get heated up by the way.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's the exact definition of being a troll. Makes it really hard to respect anything you have to say.

That's unfortunate, because in general I appreciate your take on games, particularly RPGs. This Ravensword obsession is really beneath you.