Huerons - A grid based puzzle game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mudit Jaju, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Mudit Jaju

Mudit Jaju Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Programmer
    India
    #1 Mudit Jaju, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Hello people,

I want to show all of you my first game and take your feedback. The game is called Huerons and its a grid based puzzle game.

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

2014-03-31 01.08.52.jpg 2014-03-31 01.10.19.jpg 2014-03-31 01.11.37.jpg 2014-03-31 01.13.26.jpg 2014-03-31 01.09.34.jpg 2014-03-31 01.10.25.jpg

HOW IT PLAYS
    Gameplay footage -

!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

ABOUT THE GAME

“Alone we do so little,
    together we solve the puzzle”

Huerons is a simple and minimalistic puzzle game with a single goal “Merge all Huerons until only one is left”. Things start to spice up when interesting gameplay elements like Terminal, Blender, Portals etc are introduced into the game

We are wrapping up development right now. Want to show the game to as many puzzle-lovers as we can and get feedback on the game. We are also looking to use this feedback to make the game better and design tougher levels.

Me and team members: [member=262498]kinshuksunil[/member] and [Himanshu Kapoor] will respond to questions and feedback here.

If you would like to have a promocode, please leave a comment here mentioning your top 3 favorite mobile puzzle games, and we will give you a code as soon as we have them.

Happy gaming!!

2. kinshuksunil

kinshuksunil Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Male
    Makes Games at Hashstash
    India
    ohai people,

we are taking beta requests. If you'd like to play the game and give us feedback, please comment here.

Mudit and me will be very happy to have you :)

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    First I need to say your game is awesome, plain and simply awesome. You took the touch grid puzzle genre and spun it on its head. One of the best puzzle games that have played in a while. I will leave you more impressions tomorrow.

4. kinshuksunil

Feb 24, 2013
    Male
    Makes Games at Hashstash
    India
    Whee! We are glad you like it :) Mudit would be so proud :D

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Level 11 stopped responding to the touch grid after numerous failures. The restart and undo buttons still worked.

6. Mudit Jaju

Sep 19, 2013
    Programmer
    India
    I think at the bottom left your total moves left would have become (0000) or close to it. Every time you make a valid move (merge two or more huerons) its deducted from your pool of total moves score. When it is zero you have to wait some time for it to refresh. You can click on it to get more information :)

7. kinshuksunil

Feb 24, 2013
    Male
    Makes Games at Hashstash
    India
    The refresh interval is right now set as a very small period of time to help with testing.. it is not how it will be in the final game.

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Is Hashtag still looking for beta testers? If so, my favorite iOS puzzle games are:
    Threes!
    Bad Piggies
    Monument Valley
    Cut the Rope
    Paperama

Looking forward to testing the game and leaving feedback :)

9. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #9 coolpepper43, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    I wonder why this game has not been released yet. It was practiclly fully functional. Anyways, as I said before the game is amazing. Last I heard they were going to make it free to play. I think they mentioned if you fail a certain amount of times you hit a timer. I would love if they made it premium because it's so good. Maybe make a separate premium version. I would easily pay $3 or probably more. Maybe some kind of full unlock iap? Even free to play with ads. Anyways, whenever the game is released it's a must for puzzle fans. Just download it.

Update, okay, I spoke to soon. It seems like it still needs some work. Some of menus don't look right and I think the mike Tyson level seems out of place because I think it is very difficult and it should probably show up in further levels. Also the time bar at the bottom probably needs some explanation also purchasing hints. When you use a hint it seems that part of the hint disappears when you undo a move.
    Dev, any new info on Huerons?

10. kinshuksunil

Feb 24, 2013
    Male
    Makes Games at Hashstash
    India
    Thanks for the love fellas.

The game hasnt released yet because we made a publisher deal and are right now working on a lot of puzzles for the game.

The issues with how the puzzles flow and how difficulty increases has been fixed; it just needed better puzzle planning. A lot more work has been done on the interfaces and the game has just gone through amazing amounts of polish.

The game will not be free to play on iOS. It will be a premium game.
    If things go fine, we should be released by around August.

Wish us best :D

11. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Thats great! The mechanics look awesome, I'll certainly keep this on my radar. We all wish you the best

12. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oh, thank god! :) Are their still going to be timers?

13. Mudit Jaju

Sep 19, 2013
    Programmer
    India
    Hello Coolpepper43,

There are going to be timers in the iOS version which would just be for awarding stars. the Faster you solve the level the more stars you would earn :)

There are going to be unlimited moves in the premium version of the game. You can take as much time as you want to solve the levels.

14. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ok, so you mean timers are the time limit, when you solve it fast you earn more stars? Great! So I can just play as much and as long without having to regenerate anything. I'm so happy! :)

15. kinshuksunil

Feb 24, 2013
    Male
    Makes Games at Hashstash
    India
    We are glad you are happy :)

it is great to have such support even before the game is released.. thanks a lot :)

16. Mudit Jaju

Sep 19, 2013
    Programmer
    India
    Huerons has now released and available on the App Store. Here is the official release thread for more information

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=242676

Thanks to everyone for being part of the beta. You guys really helped make the game!
    Cheers! :)

17. chloe.C

chloe.C Member

Aug 27, 2014
    oh the video was deleted