iPhone Stingout for iOS - Beta Invite started (Trailer inside)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by m-a-n-t-i-s, Jul 15, 2013.

1. m-a-n-t-i-s

m-a-n-t-i-s Active Member

iOS Dev Portal is under maintenance... :)

2. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    So any idea how long that will take?

3. m-a-n-t-i-s

Nope... still down :-/ But you don't need to check the TestFlight every ten minutes. TF will send you a notification.

4. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    I just ready why the dev portal is down. Someone without malicious intent hacked some people's personal info to prove that Apple's security was weak. I hope it doesn't take too long to fix. Is there any other way to send apps?

5. m-a-n-t-i-s

There are other tools like HockeyApp but your are still forced to add the device IDs to Apple's provisioning profile system.

6. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    I see. I meant something like sharing a link for the API through Dropbox, but ok.

7. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The comment i made earlier about it being laggy was false. It was only happening because i had ios 7. I recently restored my ipad to ios 6 and it worked perfectly fine. So it only ran slow because of ios 7. Great and addicting game by the way. Thanks for the chance to beta test it.

8. m-a-n-t-i-s

@waffer15: Thanks for tracking and reporting! And it's really really great when people enjoy your own stuff...

9. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    It works! Yay. Only it seems too short. Will much more content come, even in updates after release?

10. m-a-n-t-i-s

Awesome! :)

Yes, these seven levels are just a first rough tiny levelpack to test the core features. There will be much more content available in upcoming updates BEFORE the release. Bugfixes included. That's for sure, man! Thanks a lot for checking out what we have so far. Hope you enjoy it.

11. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    I noticed some names of more weapons in the games files, other than the basic gun and rocket upgrades. Are the assets for them in the files as well so perhaps I could change a file to spawn the new weapons?

Also, I think you should start out with 100% health, not 45%.

12. m-a-n-t-i-s

Most of the weapons are available in the current levels and some more will follow later. Please understand that i'm not willing to discuss any file changes.

If you start a new game the health will be reset to 100%. Resume, retry or directly select some level after getting hit will, of course, not refill it.

13. m-a-n-t-i-s

Attached Files:

14. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    The only level I cannot beat is 5. Also, can you add my iPod touch 5th gen (new) if it needs to be added?

15. m-a-n-t-i-s

#35 m-a-n-t-i-s, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    That sounds great! But we will add easier versions of the current levels with the next update. It seems that most of the testers have their problems with the actual difficulty right from the start. That's ok because these levels were not planned as a tutorial. Just for core testing.

Sorry, the slots are very limited by Apple. We only add one device per user to ensure that more people can play some rounds.