I don't get it thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MaybeBOBANYIOS, Jan 7, 2014.

1. MaybeBOBANYIOS

Jan 7, 2014
    #1 MaybeBOBANYIOS, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Here you post you're thoughts on games other people love and you just don't understand!
    Please do not insult other peoples mothers.
    No 5 paragraph rant on F2P,Sumo Splash and Scott Damn please!

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Candy crush

Dungeon hunter 4

Infinite runners

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Any of those freemium town/battle resource management games. I think one is Clash of Clans, sure there are others

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Game centre/Achievements - Some people will refuse to buy a game if theres no achievements. I'm personally not bothered one bit if some '17 year old in Kentucky has more achievements than me' etc ! Perhaps its because i'm from a generation where your high scores disappeared once you turned off the computer/console ! Still dont get achievements !

Also with SOOO many games coming out every week i tend to try and just finish a game and then delete/move on. I never bother trying to get 100% on every single level, i just get to the end to complete the game.

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Terraria and what psj said

6. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Angry birds, played quite a few of them when they've gone free and found all of them so boring

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Lot of clone from original Amateur Surgeon - about 10-20 on top Free game
    4 pics 1 word series

8. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Candy crush (gets boring extremely fast)
    Angry birds (I think its a very well made game.. its just not entertaining to me)
    All farming games
    All "minecraft" style games (just never could get into them)

9. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Angry birds
    Candy crush
    Anything by EA

10. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Candy crush and Icycle

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I don't get that people don't appreciate Game Center leaderboards. It's like me clocking a million on Defender in 1983 but now the whole world can know instead of just me and my two pals and some assorted others who also didn't have girlfriends at the time.
    Actually, now I think about it......

12. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I don't get why people play clash of clans when there are better (read : including actual gameplay) titles which are also free such as battle nations. Or even better, pay a small amount (2.99) and get a 1000x better paid game than both.

13. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I do appreciatie gamecenter leaderboard , and agree that achievements ( if well implemented) are added value for a game. What I do not get is people refusing to play a game because there is no leaderboard , or people that get all worked up about hacker scores on leaderboards. Just ignore them to see how well you are doing compared to rest .

14. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I don't understand Jet Car Stunts.

It's cool if you like it of course, I guess I just don't get it. I tried it out and just couldn't get into it. I think it's the tilt controls and blocky visuals maybe? I really like the idea of designing your own track though. I'd love to see more design features in iOS games.

The other thing that I lack an understanding of is when people say they refuse to play a game when or if it doesn't support a specific feature such as pass and play or GC achievements. Especially when it's a game that they'd seemingly enjoy. This isn't a knock on the person, just that I don't understand this perspective. I suppose it means a lot of their enjoyment comes from these GC achievements which I can understand, but for it to completely turn them off of the game is strange to me. That said, I'm totally open minded and happy to hear this point of view.

Side note: Regarding the first post, I'm not sure I understand. I don't remember insulting other peoples mothers. :confused:
    Admittedly, I can struggle with the lack of tone in text. But I really enjoy this community. I enjoy the interaction of like minded people, opposing views and opinions (in which I respect). I assure you I would be upset if I was withheld from participating in such a robust community. :)

TLDR: Haters gonna hate. Live and let live.

Enough of that though..

15. MaybeBOBANYIOS

Jan 7, 2014
    #15 MaybeBOBANYIOS, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    I've never understood the angry birds games.
    The physics are built in a way that you can do the exact same thing and get different results.
    Another one i don't understand is ,though I hate to say it, Sword&Sworcery. Love the music but to slow paced for me.

Edit. Also don't get
    CSR racing
    Supercell games
    All asphalt games previous to 8
    Dragonvale
    All those F2P strategy games
    MCPE

16. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    GTA games.

They bore the shit out of me.

17. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Was going to say the exact same thing plus this:

*(but not Chillingo)

18. Let's see... I've got quite a lot of games that I haven't barely touched both on my U.S and PH iTunes account. Here are some that are currently installed but don't get played (a lot, or at all).

Dead Pixel
    Tower of Fortune 2
    Arranger
    Edge Extended
    Pocket Clothier
    Coaster Crazy Deluxe
    Triple Town
    Pixel Defender Puzzle
    Dots

Then add to that what most people have mentioned already:
    Angry Birds Games
    F2Ps in the likes of Clash of Clans
    MCPE and related Minecraft-like games (although I've just purchased Junk Jack X and so far it's alrightee)

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Kairosoft games - just don't care for time management games ... Have enough of that kind of stuff at work

Town building games - doesn't matter that I hate the F2P models most use, it just bores me to tears

And add me to the Candy Crush haters and all the F2P clones of it. Love me a good match three, but not with this kind of business model

20. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Candy Crush
    Infinite Runners
    Angry Birds
    Game Center achievement crap
    Idiots, um.. People who whine about paying £2-3 for a game, simply won't pay £5 for a game, BUT are content to download some crap freemium game and pay over and over and over for consumable iaps. ....truly the mind boggles.