Final Run - 3D Driving and Vehicular combat game [Rotor Games]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lumothesinner, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK

From youtube description:

For more information, visit: http://www.rotorgames.nl/finalrun/

Final Run is a third person action game. Combining elements of driving action, vehicular combat and exploration into one epic adventure!
    Universal App; Buy once, install on all your iOS devices! Compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th Gen! And it comes with support for both the iCade and iControlpad, bluetooth accessoires to play the game with a controller.

Expected release mid-February!

Looks nice, interesting it has support for iCade and iControlpad, maybe native control for the nubs!

Also has zombies in it.

2. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    #2 rotor, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    Thanks Lumo! This is our account on TA!

This is the story synopsis!

3. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
  4. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    This looks like the thing I have been waiting for!! Hope everything is on schedule! Can't wait to hear more info.

5. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    Everything is looking good, there's still some balancing to look at and some minor bugfixes!

Check out the screenshot of our zombie contest winner! http://p.twimg.com/AkxETrrCEAAx7u9.jpg:large

As it looks now we will release slightly later in Canada, we're still looking into an Australian release.

6. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Nice, got an ETA on it?

How come its not going to be worldwide release, with canada and aus missing out?

Can't believe there isnt more attention for a twisted metal/vigilante 8 type game on ios. Looking forward to it

7. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    Sorry Ludo, my bad! I think Canada and Australia will be fine!

By the way we were just testing character types for the game, it looks like we have everything in place to localise the game. I am pretty hopeful we will be able to fully localise to Dutch and German short term, hopefully at least French and Spanish if we get enough downloads for the game! I am personally really excited over this! :)

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Instant purchase for me, looks superb.

Just read the website, icade support (yesssss) and it seems iOS's version of Carmegeddon perhaps ?

Roll on next week

9. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Looks great! As psj3809 said, it's like Carmageddon for iOS!

10. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Is this coming out Thursday?

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    This looks great! Love the classic gangster cars. Seems a bit unfair that in that video some guys car suddenly blows up for hitting a wall!! Or is that because he's very damaged? In that case, a damage system would be cool

12. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    We definitely looked at Carmageddon, I'm a proud owner of the big box CD-ROMs of Carmageddon 1 and 2 (Go DOSBOX!!!) ;)

We had some interesting comparisons for the project. I used to be an avid Interstate 82 player. We also took some inspiration from some PS1 and PS2 classics, notably Vigilante 8. We weren't really led by other games, though! :)

We will try to submit Final Run tonight, submission will take a couple of business days. We'll keep you updated in this thread when we know more! We're also quite active on Twitter, you want to keep track of what we're doing exactly :)

13. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    Woops, I missed your post! Thanks man, glad you like it! Cars don't receive damage from hitting walls, maybe it's a bit unclear in the video! We have a special damage system, really unlike any other game, where cars are destroyed in a series of damage stages, which all in increasingly bigger explosions :) It keeps this really dynamic, and it creates a lot of interesting moments during the action!

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Damn i really wanted this one tonight ! Hopefully soon though

15. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    The game got submitted today, so I'm guessing the game will be out sometime next week! So excited for Final Run! It's like Gangstar with cars as your characters and zombies as your enemies! That is the definition of badass, right there.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Any latest news on this ?

17. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Twitter has nothing new, guess they are just waiting on apple review system.

Apparently they sent out some preview copies for blogs/magazines etc. so someone out there may have it...just not talking about it yet.

18. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    #18 rotor, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Getting it now!

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Made a thread in the iPhone Games forum.