Universal Idle Tower Defense - The Perfect Blend of Idle and TD Games!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tbiz5270, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Tbiz5270

Tbiz5270 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Idle Tower Defense is the perfect blend of two popular genres - idle games and tower defense games, of course!

Build up to 20 unique towers, each having their own specialty attack type and skills. Use them to fend off the constant onslaught of enemy monsters. Consistently upgrade your towers to match the progressively more difficult monsters and bosses!

There is no repetitive tapping in this game! The "active play" aspect of this game involves clicking on a monster that almost sneaks by to focus target it with your towers, and using your towers' powerful skills to get that extra push needed for difficult waves.

Additional Preview Pics:
    http://imgur.com/a/yhGud

Join the Discussion:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IdleTowerDefense

Features:
    • NO TAPPING! The active play aspect of this game involves targeting enemies and using your towers' skills.
    • 20 unique towers.
    • Various tower types such as Frost, Poison, Multi-Shot, Splash, etc.
    • Each tower has 2 unique and powerful skills.
    • Specifically target an enemy by tapping it as it runs through the maze.
    • 15 enemies per wave. Boss at the end of each wave.
    • Play 5 different mazes. Switches after each Prestige.
    • "Farm Wave" option for idle gold farming.
    • Collect Equipment for towers by getting a certain number of kills with the tower.
    • Collect powerful Aura bonuses every 15 waves.
    • Purchase useful Blueprints with diamonds earned via Prestige.
    • Offline gold, daily play bonus, several achievements.
    • Weather visual effects.
    • Nice 3d graphics.
    • And so much more!

Please let me know what you think!

And also let me know if you have any fun suggestions for an idle tower defense game like this! I will gladly put in whatever I can before release.

2. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I like the concept of combining the 2 genres. Tower defense games are my favorite games to play on mobile. Do you have a beta test going on right now? If so, could you send me a testflight invite? I would love to get my hands on the game, see how well it plays & maybe make some suggestions

3. Tbiz5270

Sep 11, 2014
    No beta tests going on now, but the game is being submitted to Apple for review today. So you will be able to get your hands on it very shortly :). I will most likely be doing very frequent updates for the first couple weeks after release to fix bugs I may have missed, and to improve the balance/pace of the game.

4. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Cool, I'll pick it up as soon as I see it in the Appstore. I'll post my impressions of the game here. :)

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Highly interested

6. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I guess I'm a little confused by the descriptions of "NO TAPPING!" and "There is no repetitive tapping in this game!" - I've played a lot of tower defense games and I'm not sure which ones would involve tapping any differently than how this game is described, so I'm not seeing how two genres are being combined here....

7. Tbiz5270

Sep 11, 2014
    If you're talking about just tower defense games - you're right, those games don't focus heavily on tapping. The game is focused on upgrading towers and using skills, just like this one.

However, have you ever played an "idle" game on mobile? They mostly aren't idle. They all focus very heavily on tapping tapping tapping if you want to actually play efficiently. I see lots of complaints about the tapping mechanic in these games so I decided to veer of that course and make other methods of keeping the user engaged if they choose (but they don't have too - you can progress in this game without any active play).

So that is why it is two genres combined - it is essentially a normal tower defense game, but with the idle/incremental aspect of going on forever without really being able to lose (there are no lives like a normal TD), numbers going up insanely high, progress without playing, prestige for rewards, etc. And the "NO TAPPING" description is to lure in all those people who love idle games but hate tapping :)

8. Tbiz5270

Sep 11, 2014
    The game is complete and has been submitted to both the Apple and Google Play stores. Will post an update when it is officially available to download!

9. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Thanks for the further explanation - and looking forward to giving it a try! :)