Who would like to see RPG like Zenonia with Dark Raider 3gs Graphics

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by onewithchaos, Nov 30, 2009.

1. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    So I finally gave in and bought Dark Raider 3gs, even though I had the first already. The graphics are phenomenal, the first thought that came to my mind was...imagine Zenonia gameplay (or insert badass RPG...i.e. zelda, pokemon, etc) with These graphics. That would be truly awesome. What do you guys think. And what does RPGGuy has to say about this. I know i would love something like that. Given the levels and gameplay of his Dark Raider, I can see a solid RPG from the same engine, with a few tweaks.

(Remember, not here to discuss Dark Raider, just the graphics of Dark Raider S on a possible future RPG)

not affilitated with any developer, simply curiosity

Thoughts?

2. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

If it's going to be for 3GS only again, then NO.
    If it's for all versions, then YES.

3. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
  4. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I guess this was directed at people with 3gs or iPod 3rd generation. :p

5. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Comments like these totally reflect the intelligent level of the writer.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You should check out the rest of his posts.

7. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    well just thinking now, i guess it would make sense for RPGGuy to release two versions. One for all devices, one for 3GS specific. I guess he'd have to follow very structured RPG for this to interest big fans. But i can see it being a pretty big success. I hope he's still hanging out at TA and lets us know about his future games.

8. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    All my future games will support 3GS and older within the same app. I released Blue Skies and Dark Raider with separate 3GS versions because there were no examples provided by Apple on how to do it at the time, and I wanted to be the first person out there with a 3GS specific game.

It's true I could use the Dark Raider code to make an RPG very easily. However right now I'm working on a 3D game similar to Super Monkey Ball / Labyrinth. I might be doing 3D games from now on since I have a great engine developed that is capable of doing things nobody else can :)

9. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I know you already had a project going on. However, I think your engine could be used to make a great RPG with incredible graphics. I think that you just need to tweak it very little. Do you have any plans to do an RPG with the dark raider engine? It would make even better sense since you're Rocket Pocket Games....RPG!!!!! :p

10. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    How about a Zombie RPG?

11. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    zombies+rpg=win

i dont know what people would like more...turn based rpg like pokemon or something like znenonia. Personally I think turn based is more exploitable in terms of online play and such.

zombie rpg....any announcement you'd like to make? :rolleyes: