Some iPhone games that won't work on iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jeffyg3, Apr 10, 2010.

1. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I recently tried out Cobra Command on the iPad and all it does is close out even before the game loads. My brother said one of his iPhone games did the same thing, though he doesn't remember which one...which I don't blame him, his iPhone game collection is massive.

Can someone else try cobra command on the iPad? Any other games that don't seem to run on the iPad. Other than that one, every one of my iPhone games work perfectly...some of them like Soosiz look spectacular, which is why I kinda look at soosiz HD as a huge waste of money if you already own the game.

2. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Did you try resetting the device?

I'll try CC on my iPad when I get home.

3. Psykikgmr

Apr 10, 2010
    Your right it doesn't work on the pad :mad:

4. buzzard

buzzard Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    San Diego
    Meteor Blitz and BackBreaker Football run on my iPad, but don't enlarge to full screen. :mad: Which makes them useless on it.

5. Psykikgmr

Apr 10, 2010
    Robocalypse doesn't work on the iPad either.

Guess the iPad isn't fully compatible with iPhone games

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The devs would have to upgrade them to make 'em compatible.

7. hyung

hyung Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Yeah, sorry about Meteor Blitz not being able to go full screen on the iPad. We just got our iPad yesterday and realized that almost immediately. We're submitting a patch early next week (also has easier-to-use gravity gun, better game balancing, faster framerates, faster loadtimes).

8. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Tyrian works but you can't enlarge the screen. That's sad because I think it would run beautiful enlarged :(

9. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Cobra Command

Hi Guys,

With regards running Cobra Command on the iPad, we only recently became aware of the issue as like most developers we were without iPads until launch.

Thankfully we have just received 2 units and are presently making the modifications needed to make it 100% compatible with the new idevice.

Pleased to confirm it looks great on the larger screen and you should see the update out in about a week.

Thanks for your interest and support. We hope you enjoy the game and the sequel we are working on which will be native to BOTH devices.

Wayne Whatford
    Revolutionary Concepts

10. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Thanks for the Cobra Command update...actually any plans to just make it a universal app instead? Not saying new HD videos, but just so it fits the entire screen and maybe some AA. Your fans would all love you for it :)

Anyways...thanks again for making it compatible.

11. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Quick update. Cobra fixed to run on iPad!
    Even scaled 2x pretty sweet. If there's sufficient demand - after Frogman, Karate Champ, and the new laserdisc title (iPad HD version guaranteed) we could revisit an HD version.
    Cobra 1.2 submitted and should be out in days.
    Enjoy!

12. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #12 Revolutionary Concepts, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    Cobra Command iPad fixed version

Cobra Command fix for iPad is available now!
    enjoy and please we'd love to hear your impressions of how it plays on the device :)

Note: when playing on iPad or even iPhone you arent restricted to the little joystick when aiming. Touch and drag anywhere on the left half of screen.

Update:

Delighted to reveal that in celebration of completing FROGMAN we are making Cobra Command totally FREE April 17th!

If you've not had the chance to try this arcade classic from by gone days give it a whirl. This is a promotion bought to you in conjunction with FreeAppaDay and cannot last.

Enjoy and watch for Frogman later this month :)

13. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Thank you guys! I'll review it as soon as I test it.

14. Buzzly

Buzzly Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Game of Life and Trivial Pursuit both won't work in 2X mode.